Viscera ampoules indicated in the following conditions:
- Symptomatic treatment of acute pain related to functional disorders of the digestive tract and biliary system.
- Treatment of spasm and pain in the urinary tract and in gynaecology.
- Symptomatic treatment of renal colic.
Dosage And Method Of Administration
In adults- the usual dosage is one ampoule by stow IM or IV injection, three times per 24 hours.
- Urethra Prostatic disorders involving a risk of urine retention.
- Risk of angle-closure glaucoma.
Use During Pregnancy And Breastfeeding
The results of animal studies of tiemonium did not reveal any teratogenic effects. Although these results do not prejudge the effects in man, no deformities have been reported up till now with normal use.
In the absence of sufficient data, prudence should be the rule for nursing mothers although no problems have been reported with normal use.
- Symptoms: Appearance of atropine-like action : dry mouth. constipation. tachycardia and confusion in elderly patients .
- Treatment: Symptomatic treatment in an intensive care unit.
- Composition: Each 2 ml – ampoule contains: Tiemonium methylsulfate 5 mg .
- Effect On Ability To Drive Vehicles Or Operate Machines: None .
- Interactions With Drugs And Other Interactions: None
- Major Incompatibilities: None.
- Undesirable Effects: Risk hypotension and tachycardia if injection is rapid.
- Warnings: None
- Precautions For Use: IV Injection should be slow to reduce the risk of tachycardia.
Pharmacological Properties : Tiemonium: mixed antispasmodic:
- Anticholinergic (1/50 of the effect of atropine at identical molar concentration).
Pharmacokinetic Properties: (In man) IV injection
- half-life distribution: 6 min.
- half-life of elimination: 1 hour.
- Fecal elimination: 11.4% in 72 hours.
Produced by Amoun Pharmaceuticals
Viscera- Product information
|Available concentrations – Forms||Syrup( 10 mg/ 5 ml) – Ampoules( 5mg/ 2 ml)- Tablets ( 50 mg) – Suppositories ( 20 mg)|
|Country||Egypt (the Arab Republic of Egypt).|
|Active Ingredients||Tiemonium – brand name (Viseralgine).|
|Anatomical main group||ALIMENTARY TRACT AND METABOLISM|
|Therapeutic subgroup||DRUGS FOR FUNCTIONAL GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS|
|Pharmacological subgroup||DRUGS FOR FUNCTIONAL GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS|
|Chemical subgroup||Synthetic anticholinergics, quaternary ammonium compounds|
|Legal status||Prescription only|
Viscera – Patient Information Leaflet
Product of: AMOUN PHARMACEUTICAL CO. El-Obour City, Cairo, Egypt.
Contact Pharmacily administrator: If you have any notes or feedback you need to reach us with, feel free contacting us any time via e-mail( Listen2article@gmail.com). Please contact us via email (email@example.com) or via contact us form, if the information on this page is incorrect, or if you have other information to update this page.