Each tablet contains: Salbutamol sulphate 2.4 mg equivalent to Salbutamol 2 mg.
Salbutamol is a selective ẞ2, -adrenoreceptor agonist with effects on smooth and skeletal muscles. These include bronchodilatation & relaxation of uterine muscles and tremor.
Salbutamol is readily absorbed from the gastro-intestinal tract. The onset of bronchodilatation occurs after 15 minutes. The plasma half-life of Salbutamol has been estimated to range from about 2 to as much as 7 hours.
Salbutamol is subjected to first pass metabolism in the liver, about a half of the dose is excreted in the urine as an inactive sulphate conjugate.
Indications & Usage
Salbutamol is a B2, adrenergic stimulant which has a highly selective action on the receptors in bronchial muscle, and in therapeutic dosage, little or no action on the cardiac receptors.
Ventene is indicated for the relief of bronchospasm in bronchial asthma of all types, chronic bronchitis and emphysema (particularly respond to Salbutamol).
Salbutamol in some patients may give rise to headache, fine tremors of skeletal muscle (particularly the hands), palpitations or muscle cramps, slight tachycardia, tenseness and peripheral vasodilatation, hypersensitivity including urticaria, angioedema have been reported.
Nervous tension, hypokalemia may occur.
Hypersensitivity to Salbutamol, although Salbutamol is used in the management of premature labour uncomplicated by conditions such as placenta praevia, antepartum hemorrhage or toxemia of pregnancy, Salbutamol preparations should not be used for threatened abortion during the first or second trimesters.
1. Breast milk: Salbutamol probably enters breast milk but cocentrations are unknown.
2. Pregnant women: Although there is no evidence that Salbutamol is teratogenic, It should be used in the first trimester only if absolutely essential.
3. Care is required in patients with thyrotoxicosis or ischaemic heart disease.
4. Myocardial insufficiency, arrhythmias, Susceptibility to QT interval prolongation hypertension.
1.The effects of Salbutamol are inhibited by B-antagonists especially those without ẞ-receptors selectivity e.g. Propranolol or Oxprenolol.
2.Treatment with diuretic, theophylline may augment the hypokalemia that occurs .
3.Adverse metabolic effects of Salbutamol may be exacerbated by concomitant administration of high doses of theophylline and its derivatives, diuretics and by corticosteroides.
Dosage & Administration
As directed by the physician or as follows:
- Adults: The usual effective dose is 2-4 mg (1-2 tablets of Ventene) three or four times per day. If adequate bronchodilatation is not obtained each single dose may be gradually increased to as much as 8 mg. However, it has been established that some patients obtain adequate releif with 2 mg (one tablet of Ventene) three or four times daily.
- In elderly patients or those known to be unusually sensitive to beta adrenergic stimulant drugs, it is advisable to initiate treatment with 2 mg. (one tablet of Ventene) three or four times per day.
Children: The following doses should be administered 3-4 times daily
- 6-12 years: 1 tablet of Ventene.
- Over 12 years: as adults (2-4 mg) per day.
- Store at temperature not exceeding 30°C.
- Keep in dry place, protect from light.
- Keep out of reach of children.
فينتين حبوب موسعة للقصبات الهوائية و مضادة للربو
Council of Arab Health Ministers and Union of Arab Pharmacists
Produced by: El Nasr Pharmaceutical Chemicals Co. “ADWIC” Abu-Zaabal – A.R.E.. ATC Code: R03CC02