Vantomor dispersible tablets used to relieve pain and swelling (inflammation) from various mild to moderate painful conditions. It is used to treat muscle aches, backaches, dental pain, menstrual cramps, and sports injuries. It also reduces pain, swelling, and joint stiffness caused by arthritis.
- Company Name: Hygint Pharmaceuticals Co.
- Trade Name: Vantomor 50 mg Dispersible Tablets.
- Generic Name: 50 mg Diclofenac Sodium.
- Composition: Each dispersible tablet contains 50 my Diclofenac Sodium.
- Inactive ingredients: Micro crystalline cellulose (Avicel PH 102 ), Carboxymethyl Starch Sodium, Croscarmellose Sodium, Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium strearate,Talc, Sucralose, Menthol.
- Pharmaceutical Form: Dispersible Tablets.
Short-term treatment of the following acute conditions:
- Post-operative inflammation and pain, e.g. following dental or orthopaedic surgery.
- Painful post-traumatic inflammatory states, e.g.due to sprains.
- Flare-up of osteoarthritis.
- Acute attacks of gout.
- Non-articular rheumatism.
- Painful syndromes of the vertebral column.
- Painful and/or inflammatory conditions in gynaecology, e.g. primary dysmenorrhoea or adnexitis.
As an adjuvant in severe painful inflammatory infections of the ear, nose or throat, e.g. pharyngotonsillitis, otitis. In keeping with general therapeutic principles, the underlying disease should be treated with basic therapy, as appropriate. Fever alone is not an indication.
Dosage and Adminstration
As a general recommendation, the dose should be individually adjusted and the lowest effective dose given for the shortest possible duration.
The recommended initial daily dose is 2 to 3 Vantomor dispersible tablets. In milder cases, 2 Vantomor dispersible tablets daily are usually sufficient.The total daily dose should generally be divided into 2 to 3 separate doses.
In primary dysmenorrhoea, the daily dose should be individually adjusted and is generally 1 to 3 Vantomor dispersible tablets. A dose of 1 to 2 tablets should be given initially and, if necessary, increased over the course of several menstrual cycles up to a maximum of 4 tablets daily. Treatment should be started on appearance of the first symptoms and, depending on the symptomatology, continued for a few days.
Children and adolescents dosage
Because of their dosage strength,Vantomor dispersible tablets are not recommended for use in children and adolescents below 14 years of age.
For adolescents aged 14 or over, 2 Vantomor dispersible tablets daily are usually sufficient, taken in separate doses. The maximum daily dose of 150 mg should not be exceeded.
Vantomor dispersible tablets should preferably be taken before meals. Vantomor dispersible tablets should be dropped into a glass of water and the liquid stirred to aid dispersion before swallowing. Since a proportion of the active substance may remain in the glass after swallowing, it is advisable to rinse the glass with a small amount of water and swallow again. The dispersible tablets must not be divided or chewed.
Common side effects
Common side effects of Vantomor dispersible tablets happen in more than 1 in 100 people. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if these side effects bother you or do not go away:
- feeling sick (nausea)
- being sick (vomiting) or diarrhoea
- feeling dizzy or vertigo
- stomach ache, wind or loss of appetite
- mild rash.
|M01AB05||diclofenac||Acetic acid derivatives and related substances||ANTIINFLAMMATORY AND ANTIRHEUMATIC PRODUCTS, NON-STEROIDS||Hygint Pharmaceuticals Co.|
Vantomor – Information Leaflet
Contact Us: If you have any notes or feedback you need to reach us with, feel free contacting us any time via e-mail( Listen2article@gmail.com). Please contact us via email (listen2article), contact us form, if the information on this page is incorrect, or if you have other information to update this page.