Each capsule contains Salicylhydroxamic acid 300 mg.
Sham 300 mg capsule is an analgesic for pain and for the treatment of urinary stones
Sham is used for the treatment of urinary stone , prevention of stones formation in the urinary system, relief of burning sensation in urine, relieving renal colic, Sham is also used to reduce the size of stones formed in the urinary system.
Sham is used as a pain reliever for:
Migraine pain relief.
Relieving renal colic pain.
Method of use and dosage
Sham dose for the treatment of urinary stones diseases:
- For treatment: 1 to 2 capsules four times daily after meals.
- For prevention of recurrence of kidney stones: 1 capsule twice daily.
Sham dose as a pain reliever
- Acute pain: 2 capsules after meals, 3 tomes per day.
- Chronic pain: 1 capsule 3 times daily after meals.
Mode of action
Sham being a hydroxamic acid derivative of salicylic acid, it exerts a dual urolithiatic activity. It inhibits both the urease enzyme activity and sulphation of mucopolysaccharides which are responsible for renal stone formation.
Sham is derived from hydroxamic acid and salicylic acid, so it has a double effect against stones as it inhibits The activity of the urease enzyme and reduces the formation of mycopolysaccharide sulfate. This double effect reduces the formation of stones in the urinary system.
Indications and doses
|For treatment||For prophylaxis|
For Urolithiasis Uses
1.Prophylactic against the recurrence of urinary stones.
2.Diminshing the size of the already formed stones.
3.Relieving renal colic.
|1-2 capsules 4 times daily after meals||One capsule twice daily after meals. (against the recurrence of renal stones).|
1.Sham is metabolized in the body to salicylamide which exerts analgesic antipyretic as well as potent anti- inflammatory activities.
2.It relieves pain due to renal colic.
3.It is effective against migraine.
|*For acute pain: 2 capsules after meals.
*For chronic pain: One capsule 3 times daily after meals.
- Not recommended for pregnant women, especially in first three
- It shouldn’t be given to persons suffering from hypocalcaemia.
- Pack of 24 capsules in 4 strips, each of 6 capsules.
- Pack of 96 capsules in 16 strips, each of 6 capsules.
- Store at temperature not exceeding 30°C.
- Keep in dry place, protect from light.
- Keep out of reach of children.
شام ٣٠٠ مجم كبسول مسكن للألم ولعلاج أمراض الحصيات البولية
Council of Arab Health Ministers and Union of Arab Pharmacists
Produced by: El Nasr Pharmaceutical Chemicals Co. “ADWIC” Abu-Zaabal – A.R.E.. ATC Code: S01BC08 – D00097- N02BA01