- Rifampicin 150 mg.capsules: each capsule contains 150 mg. rifampicin.
- Rifampicin 300 mg. capsules: each capsule contains 300 mg. rifampicin.
- All forms of tuberculosis (in combination with other anti-tuberculous drug).
- Meningococcal meningitis.
- Leprosy and brucellosis.
- Infections due to sensitive micro-organisms as respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection, skin and soft tissues infections.
Care taken with patients with liver disease. it is Contra-indicated in patients with jaundice.
*Given orally on empty stomach half hour before meals for rapid and complete absorption.
Tuberculosis Dosage: 450 600 mg. once a day at the morning in combination with other anti-tuberculous drugs in their therapeutic doses (isoniazide or ethambutol) .
Leprosy Dosage: 450-600 mg. once a day in combination with other anti-leprotic drugs.
Gonorrhoea Dosage: 900 mg. single dose in the first day followed by 600 mg. single dose in the second and third day.
Meningococal carriers Dosage: 600 mg. daily as single or divided doses for 2-4 days.
Acute bacterial infections Dosage: 900 1200 mg. daily in divided doses. treatment should be continued for at least 2 3 days after disappearance of the symptoms.
- Pack of 8 capsules in on strip.
- Pack of 1002 capsules (Hospital pack).
- Store at temperature not exceeding 30°C.
- Keep in dry place, protect from light.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Council of Arab Health Ministers and Union of Arab Pharmacists
Produced by: El Nasr Pharmaceutical Chemicals Co. “ADWIC” Abu-Zaabal – A.R.E.. ATC Code: J04AB02