Each tablet contain: Alendronate 10 mg.
- Alendronate binds to hydroxyapatite in bone, there by inhibiting osteoclast activity (the cells that resorb bone tissue). It therefore reduces the elevated rate of bone turnover observed in postmenopausal women.
- Alendronate, produces a progressive increase in bone mineral density, a reduction in the number of new asinal fractures and less height loss.
- For the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.
- Also used for the treatment of pagets disease.
Dosage & Administration
- Adult females: 1-2 tablets once daily.
- Administer in the morning with a full glass of water on empty stomach.
- The patients should not lie down, eat or drink for at least 30 minutes post dosing.
- Use of Alendronate is contraindicated in patients with hypocalcemia & Vit. D deficiency.
- Alendronate is not recommended for patients whose creatinine clearance is less than 35ml/min.
- Antacids, vitamin supplements, mineral supplements or other medications that contain calcium salts, iron salts, aluminum hydroxide or magnesium salts should be administered at least 30 min. after an Alendronate dose.
- Concomitant hormone replacement therapy and that of Alendronate is not recommended.
- A dosage level of Alendronate over 10mg may increase the risk of upper GI problems associated with the NSAID’s and aspirin containing products.
- Osteonate should not be given to breast feeding women.
- Box of 10 tablets.
- Box of 30 tablets in 3 strips.
Osteonate Tablets is a product of Adwia Pharmaceuticals , Egypt