Each sugar coated tablet contains:
- Vitamin B1(Thiamine HCl): 250 mg.
- Vitamin B2(Riboflavine phosphate): 15 mg.
- Vitamin B6(Pyridoxine HCl): 200 mg.
- Vitamin B12(Cyanocobalamin): 250 mcg.
- Folic acid: 500 mcg.
Neuroton® is a special combination of vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12 and folic acid which are essential neurotropic factors.
Vitamin B-Complex are water soluble vitamins that are not significantly stored by the body, excess quantities are excreted in the urine. They play a vital role as coenzymes in the conversion of carbohydrate, protein, and fat into energy largely needed by the nervous tissue.
Vitamin B1 has a very important role in the transmission of nerve impulses through nerve membranes.Severe deficiency of vitamin B1 leads to peripheral neuritis and polyneuritis.
Vitamin B2 enhances energy production; symptoms of its deficiency are mainly cheilosis, glossitis and scaly dermatitis.
Vitamin B6 promotes red blood cell formation; its deficiency leads to peripheral neuritis and anorexia. It is required by the nervous system, and needed for normal brain function.
Vitamin B12 is essential for the function of all cells especially those of the central nervous system, bone marrow and gastrointestinal tract cells. It is important in nucleic acid and folic acid metabolism. Its deficiency leads to severe central and peripheral nervous system affections and pernicious anemia.
Folic Acid is needed for the formation of red blood cells and the proper formation and functioning of white blood cells. It is important for healthy cell division and replication because it is a coenzyme in DNA and RNA synthesis. It is very important during pregnancy, as it helps regulate embryonic and fetal nerve cell formation.
Deficiency of vitamin B12 and/or folic acid lead to megaloblastic anemia.
- Acute or chronic neuritis
- Diabetic neuritis
- Painful neuropathies including; polyneuritis, rheumatic pain, pain in the spinal region, neuromuscular pain, tremors, numbness of the hands and feet, tingling sensation.
- Toxic damage to the nerve tissue due to drugs, chemicals, or alcohol
- Cheilosis, glossitis, scaly dermatitis, angular stomatitis
- Adjuvant therapy in megaloblastic and pernicious anemia, metabolic disorders and migraine
Known hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients.
Vitamin B6 reduces L-dopa effect.
Tablet: 1 tablet 1-3 times daily, or as prescribed by the physician.
Ampoule: The dosage should be adopted to patients individually.
Severe cases: At the begining of the treatment and untill the pain disapears, one ampoule every second day by intramuscular injection; and sub-sequently, one ampoule once or twice a week.
Standard treatment: 1 ampoule once or twice a week.
- Strips of 10 coated tablets in packs of 2 strips.
- Packs of 3 ampoules of 2ml.
Keep all medicaments out of reach of children
Product of: AMOUN PHARMACEUTICAL CO. El-Obour City, Cairo, Egypt. ATC group: Vitamin B Complex