Name of the Product
- Mosedin 10 mg Tablets.
- Mosedin Syrup.
- Mosedin Tablets: Each tablet contains Loratadine 10 mg.
- Mosedin Syrup: Each 5 ml contains Loratadine 5 mg.
Mosedin is long-acting, non-sedating antihistamine with selective peripheral H1- receptor antagonistic activity and does not have sedative effect at the recommended dose. Mosedin is used for the relief of symptoms associated with seasonal allergic rhinitis and chronic urticaria as well as other allergic dermatologic disorders.
Dosage and Administration
- Mosedin Tablets: – Adults and children above 6 years: one Mosedin tablet daily.
- Mosedin Syrup: – Children 2-5 years: one teaspoonful (5 ml) once daily.
- Adults and children above 6 years: 2 teaspoonful (10 ml) once daily.
- Use with caution in patients with hepatic or renal impairment where dose adjustment should be considered.
- Safety and efficacy of Loratadine in children less than 2 years of age have not been established.
- It is not recommended to be used during pregnancy and breast feeding unless prescribed by the physician.
It is contraindicated in patients who have shown hypersensitivity to Loratadine.
Mosedin have no significant sedative effect when used in recommended dose. The most commonly side effects reported include: headache, fatigue, gastrointestinal disorders and dry mouth.
Concomitant use with erythromycin, ketoconazole, cimetidine and antivirals such as amprenavir may increase plasma level of Loratadine.
Loratadine is rapidly absorbed from the gasintestinal tract after oral doses, peak plasma concentrations being attained in about 1 hour. Loratadine undergoes extensive metabolism. The major metabolite, desloratadine, has potent antihistaminic activity. Loratadine and its metabolites have been detected in breast milk. Most of the dose is excreted equally in the urine and faeces. mainly in the form of metabolites.
Symptoms of overdose include: somnolence, headache and tachycardia. Loratadine is not eliminated by dialysis and no specific antidote is available to date so the treatment should be symptomatic and supportive.
Store below 25 degree Celsius protect from light.
Contact Pharmacily administrator: If you have any notes or feedback you need to reach us with, feel free contacting us any time via e-mail( Listen2article@gmail.com). Please contact us via email (email@example.com) or via contact us form, if the information on this page is incorrect, or if you have other information to update this page..#R06AX13.