- Coated tablets: Each tablet contains 25 mg or 50 mg ketoprofen.
- SR capsules: Each capsule contains 200 mg ketoprofen in S.R. pellet form.
- Suppositories: Each suppository contains 100 mg ketoprofen.
- Ampoules: Each ampoule contains 100 mg ketoprofen.
- Gel: 2.5% ketoprofen.
Ketoprofen (Ketolgin®), nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory, is a propionic acid derivative. It rapidly relieves pain, reduces fever and decreases inflammation with high tolerability on the gastrointestinal track.
It is rapidly absorbed with a peak plasma concentration occurring about 0.5 to 2 hours after oral administration.
Ketolgin® is also well absorbed from the intramuscular and rectal routes. Ketolgin® could be also administered as an intravenous infusion.
Plasma protein binding is 99%. Substantial concentrations are found in synovial fluid.
It is metabolized mainly by conjugation with glucuronic acid, and is excreted in the urine.
- Painful and inflammatory conditions, e.g., headache, dysmenorrhea, dental pain, traumatic pain, post-operatively, acute gout, and soft tissue disorders.
- Rheumatic pain, musculoskeletal and joint disorders, e.g., ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritis, sciatica and rheumatoid arthritis as well as in peri-articular disorders such as bursitis and tendonitis.
- Febrile conditions, e.g., tonsillitis, pharyngitis
- Patients with known hypersensitivity to the drug.
- Active peptic ulcer.
- Patients in whom bronchospasm is precipitated by aspirin or other NSAIDs.
- Cross-sensitivity may occur in patients allergic to aspirin or other NSAIDs
- During pregnancy unless specifically recommended by the physician
Mild gastrointestinal side effects that can be reduced by taking the drug with meals.
Dosage (For Adults)
Tablets: 1 tablet 25 mg or 50 mg 3-4 times daily, increased as needed up to a maximum of 300 mg daily.
SR capsules: 1 capsule (200 mg) once daily.
Suppositories: 1 suppository (100 mg) daily.
Ampoules: 1-2 ampoules daily ( Intramuscular or as intravenous infusion) up to a maximum of 200 mg 24 hours for up to 3 days.
Gel: Apply 2-4 times daily on the affected area.
- Tablets: Strips of 10 tablets of 25 mg or 50 mg in packs of 1 strip.
- SR Capsules: Strips of 10 capsules in packs of 1 strip.
- Suppositories: Packs of 5 suppositories.
- Ampoules: Packs of 3 ampoules.
- Gel: Tubes of 15 gm.
Keep all medicaments out of reach of children
Product of: AMOUN PHARMACEUTICAL CO. El-Obour City, Cairo, Egypt. ATC Code: M01AE03