Haemojet used for prevention and treatment of iron deficiency anemia. Iron helps the body to make healthy red blood cells which carry oxygen around the body. Some things such as blood loss, pregnancy or too little iron in your diet can make your iron supply drop too low, leading to anaemia.
- Company Name: European Egyptian Pharmaceutical Industry .
- Trade Name: Haemojet.
- Generic Name: Elemental Iron.
- Pharmaceutical Form: Syrup and soft gelatin capsules
Each 5 ml syrup contains:
- Active Ingredient: Elemental iron 50 mg (As ferric hydroxide polymaltose complex 161.25 mg).
- Inactive Ingredients: Glycerol, Sorbitol, sucrose, citric acid, flavor, parabens, purified water.
Each S. G. Capsule contains:
- Active Ingredient: Elemental iron 100 mg (As ferric hydroxide polymaltose complex 322.5 mg).
- Inactive Ingredients: Soya Lecithin, polysorbate 80 and wax mixture soya bean A.
Iron is an essential constituent of the body, being necessary for haemoglobin formation and for the oxidative processes of living tissues. Iron deficiency results in defective erythropoiesis and anaemia.
Ferric hydroxide polymaltose is rapidly absorbed, with a high rate of iron utilization and produces an effective increase in haemoglobin. Due to its favourable non–ionic nature it has the following properties unlike ionized iron salt preparations:
- Haemojet does not give rise to irritation of the intestinal mucosa and does not stain the teeth.
- Haemojet has palatable non metallic taste.
Haemojet is used to treat iron deficiency anaemia that may be already present or in case of excess loss of iron (excessive bleeding).
- Syrup: Adults and children over 12 years: 2 teaspoonfuls 2 – 3 times daily during or after meals.
- Children under 12 years: 1 teaspoonful 1 – 2 times daily during or after meals.
- Infants: Initially, half teaspoonful daily and the dose may be increased gradually to 1 teaspoonful daily.
- Haemojet Syrup can be mixed with fruit juice or vegetables or other liquid if desired.
- Soft Gelatin Capsules: Adults and children over 12 years: 1 capsule 2 – 3 times daily during or after meals.
- Disturbances in iron utilization (lead anaemia), Thalassemia.
- Hypersensitivity or intolerance of iron and overloading of iron in the body.
- Anaemia not caused by iron deficiency.
- Hypersensitivity to iron, iron overload chronic polyarthritis, bronchial asthma, renal or hepatic infections.
- Contraindications for the syrup: Haemojet syrup is not recommended for diabetic patients.
Occasionally, gastrointestinal irritation such as sensation of repletion, pressure in the epigastric region, nausea, constipation or diarrhea can occur.
- Administration of iron for longer than 6 months should be avoided except in patients with continued bleeding, menorrhagia, or repeated pregnancies.
- Iron should not be used to treat hemolytic anaemia unless an iron deficient state also exists, since excess storage of iron with possible secondary hemochromatosis can result.
- Iron should not be administered to patients receiving repeated blood transfusions, since there is considerable amount of iron in the haemoglobin of transfused erythrocytes.
Pregnancy & lactation
- There is no evidence of a risk during the first trimester and the possibility of a negative influence to the foetus is unlikely to occur.
- Mother’s milk contains iron bound to lactoferrin. It is not known how much iron from the complex is passed into mother’s milk. The administration of Haemojet is unlikely to cause undesirable effects to the nursed child.
There is no interaction between Haemojet and drugs due to its non ionic nature.
- Syrup: A bottle containing 100 ml. Store at temperature not exceeding 25°C.
- Soft Gelatin Capsules: A box containing 3 strips (PVDC/Al), each strip contains 12 Soft Gelatin Capsules, and an inner leaflet. Store at temperature not exceeding 25°C in dry place.
- PRODUCED BY: EUROPEAN EGYPTIAN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES . ALEXANDRIA,EGYPT.
|B03AB||ferric hydroxide||ferric hydroxide polymaltose complex||EUROPEAN EGYPTIAN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES|
Haemojet – Information Leaflet
|Council of Arab Health Ministers and Union of Arab pharmacists|
|Medicament is a product which affects your health, and its consumption contrary to instructions is dangerous for you.|
|Follow strictly the doctor’s prescription, the method of use and the instructions of the pharmacist who sells the medicament.|
|The doctor and the pharmacist are experts in medicine, its benefits and risks.|
|Do not by yourself intenupt the period of treatment prescribed for you.|
|Do not repeat the same prescription without consulting your doctor.|
|Keep medicament out of children reach.|
Contact Us: If you have any notes or feedback you need to reach us with, feel free contacting us any time via e-mail( Listen2article@gmail.com). Please contact us via email (listen2article), contact us form,, if the information on this page is incorrect, or if you have other information to update this page.