Diosmin plus increases the resistance of blood vessels and protects them from bleeding, and is used to treat the following conditions:
- varicose veins.
- venous insufficiency;
Diosmin plus used in the treatment of many diseases that takes place due to weak veins and venous circulation disorders.
- Name of the drug: Diosmin plus film-coated tablets
- Composition: Diosmin – Micronized purified flavonoid fraction.
- Pharmacotherapeutic group: Vasculoprotector / Drug acting on capillaries .
- ATC code: C05CA53 (cardiovascular system).
What does this page contain?
1. What is Diosmin plus and in which cases is it used? – FAQs
2. What information should I know before taking Diosmin plus?
3. How to take Diosmin plus?
4. What are the possible side effects?
5. How to store Diosmin plus?
|Please read this page carefully before taking this medicine as it contains important information for you.
You should always take this medicine by carefully following the information provided in this page or by your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep this page. You might need to read it again.
Contact your pharmacist for any advice or information.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to any adverse effects not mentioned in this page.
You should contact your doctor if you do not feel any improvement or if you feel less well.
1. What Diosmin plus Is and What It Is Used For?
This medicine is a venotonic (it increases the tone of the venous walls) and a vasculoprotector (it increases the resistance of small blood vessels).
It is recommended in:
- venous circulation disorders (heavy legs, pain, painful sensations when going to bed – varicose veins, varicocele, venous insufficiency),
- hemorrhoidal crisis.
Does Diosmin plus treat erectile dysfunction in men?
Diosmin plus can be used to treat erectile dysfunction in men, which results from poor blood circulation, but you must consult a doctor first to determine the appropriate dose.
Is it safe to take Diosmin plus while pregnant?
Diosmin plus should be used with caution and under medical supervision during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Do Diosmin plus pills prevent pregnancy?
There is no relationship between Diosmin plus pills and contraception, and it is not used as birth control pills.
Does Diosmin plus can be used to stop bleeding during pregnancy?
Doctors can prescribe Diosmin plus to stop pregnancy bleeding, but under certain conditions and within a specific treatment protocol, so you should consult your doctor first before using it.
Does Diosmin plus stabilize pregnancy?
Doctors can prescribe Diosmin plus to stabilize pregnancy when vaginal bleeding occurs, but in this case it is taken under medical supervision.
Does Diosmin plus increase blood thinning?
Diosmin plus does not thin the blood, it is only used to reduce bleeding conditions.
Is Diosmin plus useful in treating varicose veins?
Doctors may prescribe Diosmin plus tablets to treat varicose veins, as it increases the strength and endurance of the blood veins and protects them from bleeding, which limits the rate of varicose veins appearing.
Does Diosmin plus affect blood pressure?
Diosmin plus should be used with caution and under medical supervision in case of high or low blood pressure.
Is Diosmin plus useful in treating hemorrhoids and anal fissures?
Diosmin plus is an important and effective treatment for hemorrhoids and anal fissures, as it reduces bleeding and intravenous leakage.
Does Diosmin plus stop menstrual bleeding? Does it regulate the menstrual cycle?
Diosmin plus works to strengthen blood vessels and protect them from bleeding, so it is a suitable treatment for excessive menstrual bleeding cases that indicate weak blood vessels, but a doctor should be consulted before taking it.
Do Diosmin plus pills cause weight gain?
There is no relationship between Diosmin plus and weight. it will not affect your weight or appetite.
2. Before You Take Diosmin plus?
Do not take Diosmin plus , film-coated tablet:
if you are allergic to diosmin or to any of the other ingredients of this medication
Warnings and Precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Diosmin plus film-coated tablets.
- If the discomfort and the fragility of the vessels do not decrease in 15 days, consult your doctor.
- If hemorrhoidal disorders persist after a few days of treatment, it is essential to consult your doctor.
Precautions for use
- This drug is most effective when combined with a healthy lifestyle.
- Avoid exposure to the sun, heat, prolonged standing, excess weight.
- Walking and possibly wearing suitable stockings promote blood circulation.
Other medicines and Diosmin plus , film-coated tablet
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
Diosmin plus , film-coated tablet with food and drink
Pregnancy and breast feeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or plan to become pregnant, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
Pregnancy: This medicine will only be used during pregnancy on the advice of your doctor. If you discover that you are pregnant during treatment, consult your doctor, as only he can judge the need to continue it.
breastfeeding: In the absence of data on the passage into breast milk, treatment is not recommended during the breastfeeding period.
Driving and using machines
3. How to Take Diosmin plus?
Always take this medication exactly as instructed in this page or as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if in doubt.
The doctor determines the appropriate dose for each person according to his health condition, but in general the doses are as follows:
- Hemorrhoids: 6 tablets per day (2 tablets 3 times per day) for 4 days, then 4 tablets per day for 3 days after eating.
- Menstrual bleeding: 2-4 tablets daily, starting from the second day of the menstrual cycle.
- Varicose veins: 2 tablets daily for three months.
- Venous insufficiency: 2 tablets daily.
- Varicocele: 2 tablets daily for two consecutive months.
Oral route. Take the tablet with half a glass of water.
If you take more Diosmin plus film-coated tablets than you should
If you forget to take Diosmin plus film-coated tablets
If you stop taking Diosmin plus film-coated tablets
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4. What Are the Possible Side Effects?
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them.
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):
- stomach pain.
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
- allergic reactions such as rash (rash), itching (pruritus), itchy rash (urticaria), swelling of the face and throat;
- diarrhea ;
- difficult digestion;
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people):
- Digestive disorders rarely lead to discontinuation of treatment.
Declaration of side effects: If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to any adverse effects not mentioned in this page. You can also report adverse effects directly via the national reporting system (Pharmacovigilance Center in food & drug adminstration) at your country.
By reporting side effects, you help provide more information about the safety of the medicine.
CAUTION: It is not recommended to take Diosmin plus for more than three months without medical supervision.
5. How to Store Diosmin plus?
Keep this medication out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the box. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Do not dispose of any medicine via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.