Depapalin, a medicine used to treat nerve pain (neuropathy), fibromyalgia, generalized anxiety disorder and epilepsy. Pregabalin is the active ingredient in Depapalin. It belongs to a class of medicines called “anticonvulsants”. Here are some quick facts about Depapalin:
- Used to relieve pain caused by nerve damage (neuropathic pain) due to diabetes, shingles (herpes zoster infection), spinal cord injury, or other conditions. It is also used to treat widespread muscle pain and stiffness in people with fibromyalgia. Depapalin can also be used to treat certain types of seizures (fits) in combination with other medicines. Additionally, it may also be prescribed to treat the symptoms of anxiety disorder if other medicines are not suitable.
- You can take this medicine with or without food, but it is important to take it at the same time each day to get the most benefit.
- The exact dose and duration of treatment will depend on your condition and how you respond to it. Your doctor will probably start this medicine at a low dose and increase it gradually.
- The most common side effects are feeling sleepy or dizzy, dryness in the mouth, blurred vision, weight gain, edema (swelling over the whole body), and difficulty in concentrating.
- Depapalin causes excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
- It is unsafe to use Depapalin during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Depapalin decreases alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
- Depapalin should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment may be needed.
- Depapalin is safe to use in patients with liver disease. No dose adjustment is recommended.
Depapalin indicated for the following conditions and disorders:
- Reducing the pain of neuropathy, which is pain from nerve damage that occurs most often in the arms, hands, fingers, feet, and toes. Diabetes is a common cause of neuropathy. Diabetic neuropathy is one of the most common complications of diabetes diabetes mellitus, which is nerve damage caused by chronic high blood glucose leads to numbness or tingling feeling , loss of sensation, and sometimes pain in the feet, legs, or hands.
- Relieve Pain caused by problems in the vertebrae, which may cause pressure on the nerves connecting the extremities, leading to pain and cramping in the muscles of the thigh, or legs, with difficulty standing or long walking, and sometimes a feeling of muscle spasm during sleep or a feeling of electric shock to the extremities. Depapalin sometimes prescribed to relieve pain caused by problems in the neck vertebrae.
- Treating pain caused by the herpes virus, this virus causes a condition called shingles, which causes a rash with severe pain, and this pain may last for a long time.
- Managing the symptoms of fibromyalgia, a disorder that causes pain throughout the body.
- Depapalin may be prescribed, along with other medications, to treat depression and other mental and neurological disorders such as panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, bulimia nervosa, and other mental and neurological disorders caused by an imbalance in signals or neurotransmitters.
- Depapalin is prescribed as an additional treatment to control some types of epileptic seizures (generalized or non-generalized partial seizures). Depapalin is indicated for adults and adolescents over 18 years of age when other treatments have failed to fully control the seizures.
- Treatment of alcohol or drug withdrawal syndrome, a group of symptoms that often affect alcohol and drug addicts upon quitting. Depapalin relieves withdrawal symptoms such as hyperexcitability, tremors and other withdrawal symptoms and signs.
- Sometimes Depapalin is used to treat hot flash, a sudden feeling of warmth in the upper body, which is usually most intense over the face, neck and chest of heat and sweating, hot flashes affect women who are being treated for breast cancer or who have gone through menopause.
N.B. If a drug is approved for one use, doctors may choose to use that same drug for other problems if they think it might be helpful, so doctors may prescribe Depapalin for other treatment purposes than those listed above.
|Depapalin, is classified among the drugs that affect the mental and neurological state (Table I), and is dispensed only in accordance with the controls regulating the use of narcotic and psychotropic drugs. This medicine is addictive, and you should not take Depapalin on your own, and do not pass it on to others, as it may harm them even if it seems to you that their medical condition is similar to yours. This medicine is not intended to treat children or adolescents under 18 years of age.|
Dosage and route of administration
|Feeling sleepy and drowsy are common side effects of Depapalin. Dizziness, general feeling of tiredness, headache, transient increase in suicidal thoughts, nausea,vomiting, sexual dysfunction and urinary retention are the most frequent side effects. Decreased interest in sex (libido) and difficulty reaching climax (delayed ejaculation) are also undesirable effects of Depapalin. This medicine, especially at the beginning of use, can cause a feeling of anxiety, a moderately high pulse rate, and high blood pressure. Therefore, blood pressure should be monitored in people at risk of high blood pressure and heart disease, especially when starting treatment with this medicine.|
The dose and duration of treatment will be decided by the doctor, according to your condition and your response to the medicine, and you must adhere to the instructions given to you by your doctor. Usually your doctor will prescribe a low dose and then gradually increase the dose according to your response to the treatment. You should continue to use Depapalin, even if you feel better or your symptoms or seizures disappear, do not stop using the medicine without first checking with your doctor.
Do not stop taking your medication without first talking to your doctor, even if you experience side effects such as unusual changes in behavior or mood. If you stop the medication suddenly, you may experience symptoms such as anxiety, difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep long enough, nausea, and pain and sweating. If you are taking Depapalin to control seizures, stopping the drug suddenly may cause an increase in the frequency of seizures. You should know that stopping the drug should be done gradually over a period of at least a week.
It is best to take your doses at the same time of day each day, as this will help you to remember to take them regularly. Your dose can also be taken with or without food. You have to choose whether to take the dose with or without food and then take it the same way every day, this is to make sure that the same amount of medicine is absorbed by your body each day.
|If you stop this medicine suddenly you may experience withdrawal symptoms, including mood changes, irritability, agitation, dizziness, numbness, tingling or electric shock-like sensations in the hands or feet, anxiety, confusion, headache, tiredness, nausea, sweating, Tremors, difficulty falling or staying asleep, nightmares, ringing in the ears. The doctor will usually stop this medication gradually, over a period of at least two weeks.|
Always use Depapalin according to your doctor’s instructions. You should seek clarification from your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure of the dose and duration of treatment. Dosage and method of treatment are determined by the doctor only. The starting dose is between 50 mg and 150 mg per day. Then, your doctor may ask you to increase your dose up to a maximum daily dose of 450 mg, divided into 3 separate doses, once in the morning, once in the afternoon and once in the evening.
- Targeted age groups: Depapalin is intended for the treatment of epilepsy in adults, adolescents and children over 12 years of age. Depapalin may also be prescribed to treat nerve pain in adults 18 years of age and older.
- If you have kidney problems or are on dialysis: Your doctor may prescribe a different dose and/or regimen for you.
- If you are over 65 years of age: You should take the normal dose of Depapalin unless you have kidney problems. Your doctor may prescribe a different dose and/or regimen if you have kidney problems.
- If you accidentally take a higher dose If you have taken an overdose, or if a child has accidentally swallowed the medicine, refer immediately to a doctor or go to a hospital emergency room and bring the package of the medicine with you. An overdose may increase side effects including loss of consciousness, dizziness, double vision, slurred speech, drowsiness, and diarrhea.
- If you forget to take the medicine: Take the dose as soon as you remember, unless it is time for your next dose, in which case you should skip the missed dose, and continue your dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
- Do not exceed the prescribed dose.
If you have further questions regarding the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
As with all medicines, Depapalin can cause side effects, but these effects do not occur to everyone who takes the medicine, and these effects are usually mild to moderate in severity. Do not panic or worry about the list of side effects related to this medicine, as none of them may happen to you, and do not stop taking your medicine as a result of the information you knew about the side effects, you only have to adhere to the duration of treatment and the dose that your doctor decided for you, and if you are concerned about the side effects You should consult your doctor before stopping your medication.
Very common side effects (appear in more than 1 in 10 people)
- Feeling sleepy.
Common side effects (appear in up to 1 user out of 10 people)
- Increased appetite.
- Feeling of elation, confusion, disorientation, decrease in sexual interest, irritability, clumsiness.
- Concentration or memory impairment, loss of memory, tremor, speech disturbance, tingling feeling, numbness, sedation, lethargy, insomnia, fatigue, feeling abnormal.
- Blurred vision, double vision.
- Vertigo, balance disorders, falls.
- Dry mouth, constipation, vomiting, flatulence, diarrhea, nausea, swollen abdomen.
- Erection problems.
- Swelling of the body including the extremities.
- Feeling drunk, abnormal style of walking.
- Weight gain.
- Muscle cramps, joint pain, back and limb pains.
- Sore throat.
Does Depapalin induce sleep?
Treatment with pregabalin “Depapalin” has been found to significantly increase total sleep time and sleep efficiency, in those with neuropathic pain, epilepsy, fibromyalgia and GAD. Depapalin is not a hypnotic drug, but it may cause a feeling of drowsiness as a side effect, especially at beginning of use. Depapalin may be prescribed together with other medications to treat some mental and neurological disorders that can cause sleep problems or disturbances.
Does Depapalin has addictive properties?
Pregabalin, the active ingredient in Depapalin, is a drug classified in the categories of addictive drugs that affect the psychological and mental state of the patient, the misuse of this drug may lead to dependence or addiction.
Symptoms of pregabalin addiction
The most common warning signs of addiction or dependence on pregabalin:
- Get multiple prescriptions from different doctors.
- Decreased performance at work or academic performance.
- Neglecting personal and family responsibilities and personal hygiene.
- Loss of interest in hobbies.
- short term memory loss.
- severe mood swings.
- Show irritability and/or hostility when the drug cannot be obtained.
If you notice the above-mentioned signs in yourself or in one of your family members, do not hesitate to contact a therapist who specializes in the treatment of addiction. You must know that addiction is a disease that needs treatment, care and rehabilitation.
Withdrawal symptoms that follow stopping taking pregabalin vary from one person to another, according to several factors, the most important of which are the duration of use, the usual dose, in addition to other factors related to the person’s health such as weight, height, total health, etc. Withdrawal symptoms are divided into symptoms of moderate severity, including: nervousness, tension, severe insomnia, difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep long enough, depression, mood swings, unusual behavior , headache, nausea and sometimes vomiting, in which case your doctor will prescribe some sedative medications, antidepressants. Sometimes withdrawal symptoms may be severe, such as: seizures, thoughts or behaviors of self-harm, arrhythmia, dehydration. In the case of severe withdrawal symptoms, the doctor will decide to stay in a hospital or clinic for addiction treatment for a period until withdrawal symptoms resolve.
Does Depapalin cause kidney damage?
Pregabalin “Depapalin” may reduce kidney function and can cause kidney failure. If you notice any signs of your kidneys not working well, such as decreased amounts of urine being produced, swelling of the legs and ankles, difficulty urinating, or an increased need to urinate at night, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Can you take other pain relief with Depapalin?
It’s fine to take painkillers like paracetamol, ibuprofen and aspirin with pregabalin “Depapalin”, assuming these are appropriate for you. Strong painkillers such as codeine and co-codamol and dihydrocodeine can make you feel more sleepy if taken in combination with pregabalin.
Resources for more information about Pregabalin
- Lyrica 25 mg, 50 mg, 75 mg, 100 mg, 150 mg, 200 mg, 225 mg, 300 mg Oral Capsules – Information leaflet.
- Painica 75mg, 150mg, 300mg hard gelatin oral capsules – Information leaflet.
- Lebalin 75 mg hard capsules – Information Leaflet.
- ليريكا ٥٠مجم، ٧٥مجم، ١٠٠مجم، ١٥٠مجم، ٢٠٠مجم، ٢٢٥مجم، ٣٠٠مجم كبسولات جيلاتينية صلبة.
- ليريكا (بريجابالين)- التعريف، التحذيرات، إجابات الأسئلة الشائعة والمتكررة
Our goal is to provide you with the most relevant and up-to-date information. However, because pharmaceutical products affect each person differently, we cannot guarantee that this article includes all the information you should know, and you should always consult your doctor, pharmacist or health provider. Copyright: “All rights reserved (c) pharmacia1 .com” – Contact us via the contact form, or simply write a comment at the bottom of the page. ATC code: N03AX16