- Cefrazon 1 gm. vial: contains 1000 mg Cefoperazone sodium.
- Cefrazon 0.5 gm. vial: contains 500 mg Cefoperazone sodium.
- Respiratory tract infections.
- Peritonitis and other intra-abdominal infections.
- Bacterial septicemia.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Genito Urinary Tract infection, endometritis.
- Cystic Fibrosis.
- Skin and soft tissue infections.
Precautions & incompatibility
- Care should be taken in patient receiving anticoagulants.
- Combination with aminoglycosides is not recommended because of the potential for inactivation of either drug.
- Not used if there is allergic reaction to cefoperazone or any other cephalosporin medicine.
- In streptocoocus Infection you should keep taking this medicine for at least 10 days since serious heart or kidney problem could develop later if your infection is not cleared up completely.
- I.M deep injection as a shot given in muscle.
- I.V sure there is no leak, clear solution with no particles in it
- I.V by intermittent or continous infusion.
Adult common dosage: One vial of 1 gm, every 12 hours.
|Adults||2-4 gm. daily in 2 divided doses.|
|Severe infections||up to 12 gm. daily in 2 4 divided doses.|
|Liver disease or biliary obstruction||Dose shouldn’t exceed 4 gm. Daily.|
- cefrazon 1 gm. vial: Pack of one vial + 2 ampules of 5 ml. sterile water.
- cefrazon 0.5 gm. vial: Pack of one vial + 1 ampule of 5 ml. sterile water.
- Store at temperature not exceeding 30°C.
- Keep in dry place, protect from light.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Council of Arab Health Ministers and Union of Arab Pharmacists
Produced by: El Nasr Pharmaceutical Chemicals Co. “ADWIC” Abu-Zaabal – A.R.E.. ATC Code: J01DD12