Composition and pharmaceutical forms
- Calcimate : each capsule contains 500 mg. calcium carbonate.
- Calcimate fort tablets: each tablet contains 1200 mg. calcium carbonate.
1. Calcimate also, used as antacid rapidly acting.
2. Calcimate used as a phosphate binders to control the hyperphosphataemia in patients with renal failure and does not promote aluminium absorption.
3. Calcimate also, used to prevention and treatment of bone disease in dialysis patients.
4.Calcimate capsules or tablets are used as a calcium supplement in case of calcium deficiency & hypocalcaemia, when dietary calcium intake is deficient. e.g:
- (A) In childhood, pregnancy and lactation due to increase demand and in old age due to impaired absorption.
- (B) In osteoprosis used as prophylaxis to prevent calcium loss in postmenopausal women.
- (C) Prevention of hypocalcemia in long-term electrolyte replacement therapy.
|CASES||CALCIMATE 500MG CAPSULES||CALCIMATE FORT TABLETS|
|Adult patients with renal dialysis||Initially 2 capsules 3 times daily after meals and gradually increase the dose according to the cases.||Initially one tablet 3 times daily after meals and gradually increase the dose according to the cases.|
|Hyperacidity||One capsule 3 times daily with meals.||1 – 2 tablets daily with meals|
|Calcium deficiency||2 – 6 capsules daily after meals||2 – 3 tablets daily after meals.|
- Back of 12 capsules in 2 strips, each of 6 capsules.
- Back of 120 capsules in 20 strips, each of 6 capsules.
- Back of 600 capsules in 100 strips, each of 6 capsules.
Calcimate fort tablet
- Plastic container containing 20 tablets.
- Plastic container containing 100 tablets.
- Plastic container containing 1000 tablets.
- Store at temperature not exceeding 30°C.
- Keep in dry place, protect from light.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Council of Arab Health Ministers and Union of Arab Pharmacists
Produced by: El Nasr Pharmaceutical Chemicals Co. “ADWIC” Abu-Zaabal – A.R.E.. ATC Code: A12AA04