BUCCAZOLE is indicated for:
- Oral candidiasis (thrush).
- Denture stomatitis.
- Pharyngoesophageal candidiasis.
- Patients at high risk of fungal infections, as prophylactic therapy in cases of: immunocompromised patients, Diabetics, Patients under therapy with corticosteroid, broad spectrum antibiotic or immuno suppressant
The gel is applied gently on the affected area after meals.
- Infants and children below 2 years: 2.5 ml (half teaspoonful) two times daily.
- Children from 2-6 years: 5 ml (1 teaspoonful) two times daily.
- Children from 6-12 years: 5 ml (1 teaspoonful) 4 times daily.
- Adults: 5-10 ml (1-2 teaspoonfuls) 4 times daily.
- For localized lesions of the mouth, a small amount of the gel is to be applied directly to the affected area, with a clean finger, two to four times a day.
- The gel must be retained in the mouth in contact with the affected area as long as possible before swallowing.
- Treatment is continued for 48 hours after disappearance of symptoms.
Each 100 g contains: 2 g Miconazole (base)
BUCCAZOLE (miconazole) oral gel is a highly effective topical formulation specifically formulated to prevent and treat fungal infections of oropharyngeal mucosa particularly oral candidiasis (thrush), BUCCAZOLE ORAL GEL possesses a broad spectrum activity against pathogenic fungi and Gram-positive bacteria including Staphylococci and Streptococci species. Miconazole interferes with ergosterol synthesis of fungal cell membrane and alters its permeability resulting in leakage of the vital constituents from fungal cells with eventual cell death,
BUCCAZOLE oral gel is poorly absorbed from mucosa, thus it ensures high local concentration at the affected area with rapid relief of the manifestations of local fungal infections. BUCCAZOLE oral gel produces clinical and mycological cure without causing the side effects commonly encountered with systemic antifungal medications.
BUCCAZOLE oral gel is safe, well tolerated and palatable, and is the drug of choice for use in infants, children, adults and the elderly.
Hypersensitivity to miconazole.
Dental prosthesis should be removed every night and brushed with the gel during the course of treatment from oral candidiasis.
BUCCAZOLE oral gel is safe and well tolerated. Nausea might occur rarely.
Pregnancy and lactation
No harmful effects have been reported following the use of miconazole-containing oral gels. However, it is better to use miconazole-containing oral gels during pregnancy and lactation under medical supervision.
None reported with miconazole-containing oral gels.
Over dosage and treatment
Accidental ingestion of high doses may result in vomiting and diarrhea Treatment is symptomatic and supportive.
A tube containing 20 g.
Keep at temperature (15-30°C). Keep out of the reach of children.
This Is A Medicament
Medicament is a product which affects your health, and its consumption contrary to instructions is dangerous for you. Follow strictly the doctor’s prescription, the method of use and the instructions of the pharmacist who sold the medicament.
The doctor and the pharmacist are experts in medicine, its benefits and risks. Do not by yourself interrupt the period of treatment prescribed for you. Do not repeat the same prescription without consulting your doctor. Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.