Each soft gelatin capsule contains:
- Metoclopramide hydrochloride: 7.5 mg.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride): 40 mg.
- Dimethicone: 50 mg.
Metoclopramide is used in the management of nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia, gastroesophageal reflux and gastric stasis as it stimulates the motility of the upper GIT by acting as a dopamine receptor antagonist, increasing gastric peristalsis leading to accelerated gastric emptying.
Vitamin B6 helps in treating nausea and vomiting.
Dimethicone is an antiflatulent, acting as a defoaming agent by decreasing the surface tension of gas bubbles in the stomach and intestine enabling them to coalesce, thus eliminating gas more easily.
- Gastroesophageal reflux and dyspepsia
- Reduced gastrointestinal motility, gastroparesis
- Hyperemesis associated with pregnancy, various digestive motility disorders, migraine, following surgery or with cancer chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Nausea and vomiting of various causes
Hypersensitivity to any of the components.
Stimulation of muscular contractions might adversely affect gastrointestinal conditions, as in GI hemorrhage, intestinal obstruction, perforation or immediately after surgery.
With pheochromocytoma or a history of convulsions
Carefully used in the elderly, renal or hepatic impairment, and in concomitant use with phenothiazines, antimuscarinics or antiepileptics
Rarely; restlessness, drowsiness, dizziness, headache, bowel upsets, e.g. diarrhea. Raised serum prolactin may occur.
One capsule before meals 2-3 times daily or when necessary.
Strips of 10 capsules in packs of 1 strip.
Keep all medicaments out of reach of children
Product of: AMOUN PHARMACEUTICAL CO. El-Obour City, Cairo, Egypt. ATC Code: A03FA01