Gastrointestinal risk: NSAIDs cause an increased risk of serious gastrointestinal adverse events including inflammation, bleeding, ulceration, and perforation of the stomach or intestines. which can be fatal. These events can occur at any time during use and without warning symptoms. Elderly patients are at greater risk for serious gastrointestinal events.
Generic Name: Aspirin, Paracetamol, Caffeine anhydrous, Dextromethorphan hydrobrornide, Chlorpheniramine maleate.
Each tablet contains: Active ingredients:
- Aspinn 300 mg.
- Paracetamol 200 mg.
- Caffeine anhydrous 25 mg.
- Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 5 mg.
- Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg.
Inactive ingredients: Wheat starch , microcrystalline cellulose PH 102, sodium stearyl fumarate.
- Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant which helps relieve coughs.
- Aspirin is a mild analgesic with anti-inflammatory and anbpyretic activity.
- These effects are believed to result from inhibition of the synthesis of certain prostaglandins.
- Chlorpheniramine maleate is a competitive H1-receptor histamine blocking drug. thereby counteracting the effects of histamine release associated with allergic manifestations of upper respiratory tract inflammatory disorders, H1-blocking drugs inhibit the actions histamine on smooth muscle, capillary permeability, and can both stimulate and depress the central nervous system.
- Paracetamol is an antipyretic and analgesic.
- Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant.
Vegaskine- D tablets are indicated for the symptomatic relief of cough, nasal congestion and discomfort associated with upper respiratory tract infections& cold.
- As directed by the physician or as follows :
- Usual dosage: not less than 4 hours apart:
- Adults: 1 tablet 4 times a day.
- Children: 6-12 years : half tablet 4 times a day .
- The total daily consumption of Paracetamol should not exceed 4 g.
Respiratory system: Dextrornelhorphan produces dose-related respiratory depression by acting directly on brain stem respiratory centers.
Cardiovascular system:Hypertension, postural hybotension, tachycardia and palpitations .
Genitourinary system :Urethral spasm, spasm of vesical sphincters and urinary retention have been reported .
Central nervous system: Sedation, drowsness, mental c;ouding, lethargy, impairment of mental and pydical performance, anxiety, fear, dysphoria, dizziness, psychic dependance, mood changes and blurred vision.
Gastrointestinal system: Nausea and vomiting occur more frequently in ambulatory than in recumbent patients.
Vegaskine- D tablets are contraindicated in patients hypersensitive to any component of the drug.
Dextromethorphan is contraindicated in the presence San intracranial lesion associated with increased intracranial pressure . and whenever ventilatory function is depressed.
Allergy: Aspirin is contraindicated in patients with known allergy to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug products and in patents with the syndrome of asthma . Aspirin may cause severe urticaria, angioedema or bronchospasm (asthma). Aspirin should be avoided 1 week prior to and during labor and delivery because it can result in excessive blood loss at delivery.
Don’t use for children under 6 years .
Alcohol: avoid or limit the use of alcohol because chronic alcohol use increase sedation.
The patient must be consulted when aspirin is used for children less than 12 years old because it may cause symptoms of Reye Syndrome especially in cases of influenza and chickenpox.
Concerning the harmful effect of acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) in the last three months of pregnancy due to the possibility of prolonging the period of pregnancy and the increased risk of antepartum and postpartum hemorrhage as well as the risk of bleeding tendency in the new born. Not to be used in high doses during the last three months of pregnancy.
Antihistamines may produce drowsiness or excitation, particularly in children and elderly patients.
Coagulation abnormalities: even low doses of aspirin can inhibit platelet function leading to an increase in bleeding time. This can adversely affect patients with inherited or acquired (liver disease or vitamin K deficiency) bleeding disorders.
Peptic ulcer disease: Patients with a history of active peptic ulcer disease should avoid using asprin, which can cause gastric mucosal irritation and bleeding.
Contact Pharmacily administrator: If you have any notes or feedback you need to reach us with, feel free contacting us any time via e-mail( Listen2article@gmail.com). Please contact us via email (email@example.com) or via contact us form, if the information on this page is incorrect, or if you have other information to update this page.. ATC code: R05 .