VASCOMEDRA is used in the treatment of acute or chronic hemorrhoids, varicose veins and lymphedema. It improves blood flow in the veins and restores its function. VASCOMEDRA is recommended for treating venous circulation disorders (swollen legs, pain, nocturnal cramps). VASCOMEDRA undesirable effects (mainly gastrointestinal symptoms) are usually mild, the most common side effects include: stomach discomfort, headache, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. VASCOMEDRA commonly used to:
- Improve symptoms related to venous lymphatic insufficiency (heavy legs, pain, early morning restless legs).
- Treat functional signs related to hemorrhoidal crisis and hemorrhoidal crisis.
- Adjunctive treatment of functional disorders of capillary fragility(varicose veins).
What VASCOMEDRA is and what is it used for
VASCOMEDRA is a venotonic (it increases the tonus of venous walls) and a vasculoprotective (it increases the resistance of the small blood vessels). VASCOMEDRA commonly prescribed in:
- Venous circulation troubles (heavy legs, pain, restlessness when lying down).
- Treatment of functional signs related to acute haemorrhoids and Internal hemorrhoids, using VASCOMEDRA, seems to both significantly improve symptoms of hemorrhoids and also keep hemorrhoids, once healed, from coming back.
- Treating leg ulcers caused by poor circulation, using VASCOMEDRA and a compression dressing, seems to improve healing of small ulcers (less than 10 cm) caused by poor blood circulation.
HEALTH EDUCATION ADVICE
Circulation disorders patients
- Avoid standing or sitting for prolonged periods, raise the foot of your bed slightly.
- Avoid exposure to the sun or to heat
- Ensure that you eat a healthy balanced diet and carry out regular physical activity (walking, cycling…), avoid excess weight.
- Avoid clothes that are too tight, wear socks or support stockings and rinse legs with cold water to promote blood circulation.
- Drink 1.5 to 2 L of water per day, eat foods that are high in fiber to avoid constipation (fruit, green vegetables, whole grains), avoid fats, coffee, alcohol and spicy foods.
- Take regular exercise to stimulate the blood flow, and avoid carrying objects that are too heavy.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
- Pregnancy: VASCOMEDRA can be used during pregnancy only if necessary, according to your doctor’s advice. If you discover that you are pregnant during the treatment ask your doctor because he or she can judge if it is necessary to go on with this treatment.
- Lactation: ln the absence of data concerning passage into breast milk, the treatment with VASCOMEDRA is not recommended during lactation. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine if you are a lactating mother.
Precautions and general considerations
- VASCOMEDRA is generally not recommended during lactation.
- If troubles and fragility of blood vessels do not decrease within 15 days, consult your doctor.
- If haemorrhoidal symptoms persist after some days( 5 days) of treatment, it is necessary to consult your doctor.
- Taking other medicines: In order to avoid drug interactions between several drugs indicate systematically all current treatment to your doctor or your pharmacist.
- In order to avoid drug interactions between several drugs indicate systematically all current treatment to your doctor or your pharmacist.
Possible Side Effects
VASCOMEDRA is safe for most people when used short-term for up to three months. It can cause some side effects such as stomach and abdominal pain, diarrhea, and headache. Do not take diosmin for more than three months without medical supervision.
Like all medicines, VASCOMEDRA can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some cases of common gastrointestinal disorders and neurovegetative disorders (feeling of discomfort) have been described, which do not require stopping the treatment. If you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet or if any of the side effects gets serious, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
What is VASCOMEDRA? VASCOMEDRA is basically a drug derived from plants. It belongs to a group of drugs called Flavonoids (a group of natural substances found in fruits, flowers and vegetables) and are thought to provide various health benefits. It basically consists of Diosmin, which is a plant chemical found in citrus fruits mainly. It is used to treat various blood vessels disorders like varicose veins, haemorrhoids, etc.
How effective it is/ How long does it take for VASCOMEDRA to show results? The onset of effect or result of the drug depends on the severity and the dosage of the drug. Few patients show the decreased severity of symptoms after taking VASCOMEDRA for at least one to three weeks
Should VASCOMEDRA be taken on an empty stomach? Yes, it can be taken one empty stomach however; it is preferable to consume VASCOMEDRA with or just after having meals to avoid any stomach distress.
Does VASCOMEDRA make you drowsy? VASCOMEDRA may cause drowsiness in a few cases but it varies with every individual.
What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 VASCOMEDRA Tablets? Ideal time gap of at least 4 to6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid VASCOMEDRA toxicity or overdose.
Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured? Yes, it is necessary to complete the whole prescribed dose of VASCOMEDRA even if the symptoms disappear. One should never stop VASCOMEDRA without consulting with the doctor.
Does VASCOMEDRA affect my menstrual cycle? No, it does not affect the menstrual cycle but always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Is VASCOMEDRA safe for children? VASCOMEDRA is not advisable to be administered to children and neonates unless advised by the paediatrician.
Are there any symptoms/diseases that I should consider before taking VASCOMEDRA? Any bleeding disorders or renal impairment are to be taken into consideration before taking VASCOMEDRA.
What does VASCOMEDRA contain
The active substance is: Diosmin (expressed in anhydrous and pure diosmin) … 600 mg per one tablet.
How to store VASCOMEDRA
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Do not use VASCOMEDRA after the expiry date which is stated on the label.
- No particular precautions of storage(store below 30 degree)..
- Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
Our goal is to provide you with the most relevant and up-to-date information. However, because pharmaceutical products affect each person differently, we cannot guarantee that this article includes all the information you should know, and you should always consult your doctor, pharmacist or health provider. Copyright: “All rights reserved (c) pharmacia1 .com” – Contact us via the contact form, or simply write a comment at the bottom of the page.#C05CA03.