Composition: Each capsule contains:
- Chlorzoxazone 250 mg.
- Paracetamol 300 mg.
Relax is indicated for:
- Acute and painful musculoskeletal conditions .
- Analgesic , antipyretic and for treatment of mild arthritic pain.
Dosage and administration
Unless otherwise prescribed by the physician 1-2 capsules 3-times daily after meals according to the severity of the case .
Relax capsule contains Chlorzoxazone which is a centrally – acting agent for painful musculoskeletal conditions.
Data from animal and human studies indicate that Chlorzoxazone acts primarily at the level of the spinal cord and subcortical areas of the brain where it inhibits multisynaptic reflex arcs involved in producing and maintaining skeletal muscle spasm of varied etiology.
The clinical result is a reduction of the skeletal muscle spasm with relief of pain and increased mobility of the involved muscles.
Blood levels of Chlorzoxazone can be detected in people during the first thirty minutes and peak levels may be reached, in the majority of the subjects, in about 1-2 hours after oral administration of Chlorzoxazone .
Chlorzoxazone is rapidly metabolized and excreted in urine, primarily in a conjugated form as the glucuronide, less than 1 % of the dose is excreted unchanged in the urine in 24 hours.
Paracetamol is an analgesic and antipyretic agent, which produces analgesia by elevation of the pain threshold and antipyresis through action on hypothalamic heat-regulating center.
Addition of Paracetamol to Chlorzoxazone produces a quick relief of pain and restore mobility even in severely painful spasms of skeletal muscles.
It is contraindicated in patients with known intolerance to Chlorzoxazone or Paracetamol in the drug and hypersensitivity to any of them .
In rare cases, some patients suffer from serious hepatotoxicity. The drug should be discontinued.
The concomitant use with alcohol or other C.N.S. depressants may have an additive effect.
Use in Pregnancy
According to the judgment of the physician but the safety of Chlorzoxazone use in pregnancy has not been established.
A decision should be made whether to discontinue nursing or to discontinue the drug , taking into account the importance of the drug to the mother.
- If any signs or symptoms suggestive of liver dysfunction are observed, the drug should be discontinued.
- If a sensitivity reaction occurs,e.g. itching of the skin, redness, urticaria, the drug should be discontinued.
- Use in liver diseases: avoid large doses. .
- Use in renal impairment: avoid use in severe renal diseases.
In rare cases, mild G.I. disturbances may occur drowsiness, dizziness and light headedness.
In some patients rarely urine discoloration may occur due to phenolic metabolite of Chlorzoxazone, which is of no significance. allergic type skin rashes , petechiae , or ecchymosis may develop.
- Anion- exchange resins: cholestyramine reduces absorption of paracetamol.
- Metoclopramide and Domperidone :accelerate the absorption of paracetamol (enhanced effect) .
- Prolonged regular use of paracetamol possibly enhances warfarin.
- Alcohol: chronic abuse of alcohol may lead to risk of hepatotoxicity.
- Store at controlled temperature not exceeding 30 C .
- Keep in a dry place .
- keep all medications out of reach of children.
Contact Pharmacily administrator: If you have any notes or feedback you need to reach us with, feel free contacting us any time via e-mail( Listen2article@gmail.com). Please contact us via email (email@example.com) or via contact us form, if the information on this page is incorrect, or if you have other information to update this page.. ATC code: N02BE01, M03BB03 .