Rehydro Zinc is indicated for: Treatment of dehydration caused by gastroenteritis or diarrhea, Excessive looses of electrolytes in the faeces e.g. chronic diarrhea associated with intestinal malabsorption or laxative abuse.
Dosage & Administration
- Dissolve the contents of the sachet in 200 ml fresh water (previously boiled and cooled water for infants) and given slowly by using a spoon.
- Don’t boil the prepared solution.
- The solution should be made up immediately before use and used within one hour.
- If refrigerated the solution should be used within 24 hours only.
- Usual dose: 200-400 ml solution after every loose stool.
- Infants: 1-1½ times usual feed volume.
- Child: 200 ml solution after every loose stool.
- Maximum daily dose is 5 sachets (1 liter) (as the daily dose of zinc recommended by WHO and UNICEF is 20 mg zinc daily).
- Once rehydration is complete, the patient should drink normal volume of fluids, in infant breast feeding or formula feed should be offered between oral rehydration drink.
Each sachet (4.111 g) contains: 2.7 g Dextrose anhydrous, 0.58 g Trisodium citrate dihydrate (Equiv. to 0.51 gm Trisodium citrate anhydrous), 0.52 g Sodium chloride, 0.3 g Potassium chloride, 0.011 g Zinc acetate anhydrous.
Rehydro zinc powder for oral rehydration solution is well balanced formula consisting of sugar, salts and zinc to replace body fluids and electrolytes lost as a result of diarrhea.
Sodium chloride & Potassium chloride: Replace electrolyte deficit adequately and safely.
Dextrose: Enhance absorption of electrolytes and water from the intestine. Sodium citrate: Added to revert metabolic acidosis.
Zinc: Improves absorption of water and electrolytes thus preventing subsequent episodes of diarrhea. WHO and UNICEF recommend daily zinc supplements for children with acute diarrhea to curtail the severity of the episode and prevent further occurrences in the ensuing 2-3 months. Rehydro zinc easily usage in hospital and at home.
Gastro-intestinal tract obstruction.
Vomiting can occur after taking oral rehydration solution, this may indicate that it was given too quickly. If vomiting occur, administration should be halted for 10 minutes then resumed in smaller, more frequent amounts.
Warnings & Precautions
Caution is required in the following cases:
- kidney disease (including people who are producing very small amounts or no urine).
- Liver disease.
- People on low sodium or potassium diet.
- Severe and persistent diarrhea and vomiting.
For infants only breast-feeding or formula feed should be continued during the hours of rehydration therapy.
Pregnancy and Lactation
Rehydro zinc can be used safely during pregnancy and lactation.
Carton box of 10 sachets.
Keep away from moisture & at temp. not exceeding 30°C
This Is A Medicament
Medicament is a product which affects your health, and its consumption contrary to instructions is dangerous for you. Follow strictly the doctor’s prescription, the method of use and the instructions of the pharmacist who sold the medicament.
The doctor and the pharmacist are experts in medicine, its benefits and risks. Do not by yourself interrupt the period of treatment prescribed for you. Do not repeat the same prescription without consulting your doctor. Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Rehydro Zinc Powder For Oral Solution – Patient Information Leaflet
ريهيدرو-زنك مسحوق في أكياس للمعالجة والوقاية من الجفاف