Pentaflu Syrup indicated for temporarily relieves these common cold/flu symptoms: minor aches and pains— headache muscular aches— sore throat— fever— runny nose and sneezing— itchy nose or throat— coughs— cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation. Pentaflu Syrup indicated for temporarily relieves itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies.
Purposes: Active Ingredients/ 15 ml: 500 mg Paracetamol, 15 mg Dextromethorphan hydrobromide, 6.25 mg Doxylamine succinate.
- Paracetamol (Pain reliever/fever reducer)
- Dextromethorphan hydrobromide (Cough suppressant)
- Doxylamine succinate (Antihistamine)
- adults and children 12 years and over: 2 TBSPS (30 ml) every 6 hours.
- children 6 years to under 12 years: do not useunless directed by a doctor.
- children under 6 years: do not use.
Liver warning: This product contains Paracetamol. Severe liver damage may occur.
if you take: more than 4 doses (8 tablespoonfuls or 120 mL) in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount. with other drugs containing Paracetamol, 3 or more alcoholic drinks everyday while using this product.
Sore throat warning: Severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat that occurs with highe fever, headache, rash, nausea, and vomiting may be serious. Ask a doctor right away.
The product contains doxylamine so it is contraindicated for pregnant women as it may cause teratogenecity.
Do not use more than 2 days or give to children under 12 years of age unless directed by a doctor.
Product contains saccharin so, the product is contraindicated in liver patients due to the presence of reports of liver enzymes increase even in small doses.
Do Not Use
- to make a child sleepy if you are on a sodium restricted diet.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for two weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other drug containing Paracetamol (prescription or non-prescription).
If you are not sure whether a drug contains Paracetamol, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if you have: liver disease— glaucoma— breathing problems— chronic bronchitis— trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland.
persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema or if cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus).
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking: sedatives or tranquilizers, the blood thinning drug warfarin.
When using this product:
- do not use more than directed (see overdose warning).
- excitability may occur, especially in children.
- marked drowsiness may occur.
- avoid alcoholic drinks.
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery.
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- redness or swelling is present.
- new symptoms occur.
- you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding
ask a health professional before use. Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) could cause serious health problems, including liver damage. In case of accidental overdose, seek gelako professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center immediately. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- use dosage cup or tablespoon (TBSP)
- take only as recommended (see overdose warning).
- do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hours.
Store at temperature not exceeding 30 °C.
Active Ingredients/ 15 ml: 500 mg Paracetamol, 15 mg Dextromethorphan hydrobromide, 6.25 mg Doxylamine succinate.
Inactive Ingredients: Saccharin, Sorbitol 70%, Glycerein, Propylene Glycol, Polyethylene glycol, Menthol Sodium benzoate Peppermint flavor, Purified water
Carton box containing (PET) bottle of 100 ml syrup & inner leaflet.