Nulex is intended for treatment of epilepsy in adults and adolescents above 12 years of age. Nulex indicated for treatment of various forms of epilepsy (seizures that are initially limited to certain parts of the brain, whether or not they have spread to other parts of the brain). The doctor will prescribe Nulex for you to help treat your epilepsy when the current treatment you are receiving does not enable full control of your condition.
Nulex is intended to treat neuropathic pain in adults from 18 years of age and up. Nulex indicated for treatment of neuropathic pain (chronic pain caused by nerve damage) after herpes or due to diabetes in adults. Pain sensations may be described as: Sensation of heat, burning sensation, throbbing pain, shooting sensation, stabbing sensation, sharp pain, cramps, tingling sensation, numbness, sensation of pins and needles, and the like.
Nulex contains the active ingredient Gabapentin. Nulex hard gelatin capsule, available in three concentrations:
- 100 mg.
- 300 mg.
- 400 mg.
Nulex film coated tablets, available in two concentrations:
- 600 mg.
- 800 mg
Dosage and method of administration
Always use Nulex according to the doctor’s instructions. Check with the doctor or pharmacist if you are uncertain about the dosage and treatment regimen of the medicine. The dosage and treatment regimen will be determined by the doctor only.
The usual dosage: The initial dosage is between 300 mg and 900 mg per day. After that, the doctor may instruct you to increase the dosage up to a maximum daily dosage of 3,600 mg, divided into 3 separate doses, that is, once in the morning, once in the afternoon and once in the evening.
- Nulex is intended to treat epilepsy in adults, adolescents and children above 12 years of age.
- Nulex is intended to treat neuropathic pain in adults from 18 years of age and up.
If you have kidney problems or are being treated with hemodialysis: The doctor may prescribe a different dosage and/or dosing regimen for you.
If you are over 65 years of age: You should take the normal dose of Nulex unless you have kidney problems. It is possible that the doctor may prescribe a different dosage and/or dosing regimen for you if you are suffering from kidney problems.
- If you feel that the effect of the medicine is too strong or too weak, refer to your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Always swallow the capsule whole with a lot of water. Do not open and disperse the contents of the capsule! This is because the effect of these forms of administration have not been tested.
- It is recommended to take Nulex at least two hours after taking antacids.
- Continue taking Nulex until your doctor instructs you to stop.
If you accidentally took a higher dosage: If you took an overdose, or if a child has accidentally swallowed the medicine, immediately refer to a doctor or proceed to a hospital emergency room and bring the package of medicine with you. Taking an overdose may cause an increase in side effects including loss of consciousness, dizziness, double vision, unclear speech, drowsiness and diarrhea.
If you forget to take the medicine: If you forgot to take this medicine at the required time, take a dose as soon as you remember, unless it is time for your next dose. Never take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Adhere to the treatment regimen as recommended by the doctor. Even if there is an improvement in your health, do not stop the treatment with the medicine without consulting the doctor.
Do not stop taking the medicine unless so instructed by your doctor. If you need to stop treatment, it should be done gradually, over at least one week. If you stop taking the medicine abruptly or before receiving such instructions from the doctor, the risk of seizures increases.
Do not take medicines in the dark! Check the label and dose each time you take medicine. Wear glasses if you need them. If you have further questions regarding use of the medicine, consult the doctor or pharmacist.
Special warnings and precautions for use
Before treatment with Nulex, tell the doctor:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are suffering from kidney problems, your doctor may alter the treatment plan.
- If you are being treated with hemodialysis (to remove waste products because of kidney failure), tell your doctor if you develop muscle pain and/or weakness.
- If you develop signs such as persistent stomach pain, nausea and vomiting, refer to your doctor immediately as these may be symptoms of acute pancreatitis.
- If you are suffering from a disturbance of various types of seizures, including “absence” seizures.
- If you have nervous system disorders, respiratory disorders, or you are over the age of 65, your doctor may prescribe a different dosing regimen for you.
Incidents of Nulex dependence and abuse have been reported in post-marketing studies. Tell your doctor if you have a history of dependence or abuse.
A small number of patients being treated with antiepileptic medicines, such as Nulex, experienced suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming themselves. Refer to your doctor immediately if you have such thoughts.
A small number of patients being treated with Nulex experience an allergic reaction or a serious skin reaction. These may develop into a more serious problem if they are not treated. You need to be familiar with the symptoms in order to recognize them during treatment with Nulex.
Refer to the doctor immediately in cases of muscle weakness, muscle tenderness or pain and particularly if, at the same time, you feel unwell or have a high fever; these may be signs of abnormal muscle breakdown which can be life-threatening and lead to kidney problems. In addition, your urine may be colorless and there may be changes in blood test results (increase in blood creatine phosphokinase levels).
Nulex – Product Information
- License Holder: Jazeera Pharmaceutical Industries (JPI) – KSA.
- ATC code: N03AX12 / gabapentin.
- نوليكس ۳۰۰مجم، ٤۰۰ مجم كبسولات- ٦۰۰مجم، ۸۰۰مجم أقراص فموية
Resourses for more information about Gabapentin:
- Neurontin Capsules- information leaflet (pdf format).
- Gabapentin Teva tablets- information leaflet (pdf format).
- Gabapentin Inovamed Capsules- information leaflet (pdf format).
- Conventin🅟 capsules- information leaflet (pdf format).
To report any side effects -Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
National Pharmacovigilance and Drug Safety Center (NPC)
- To call the executive management of the vigilance & crisis management, Tel.: +966-11-2038222 ext.: 2353 – 2356 – 2317 – 2354 – 2334 – 2340 .
- Toll-free: 8002490000.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website: www.sfda.gov.sa/npc.
Our goal is to provide you with the most relevant and up-to-date information. However, because pharmaceutical products affect each person differently, we cannot guarantee that this article includes all the information you should know, and you should always consult your doctor, pharmacist or health provider. Copyright: “All rights reserved (c) pharmacia1 .com” – Contact us via the contact form, or simply write a comment at the bottom of the page.