Sodium Cromoglycate 2g/100 ml.
Sodium Cromoglycate (Nasotal®) acts as a mast-cell stabilizer and inhibits the release of histamine and other inflammatory mediators such as the slow-reacting of anaphylaxis (SRS-A) from sensitized mast cells.
Sodium cromoglycate has several properties that may account for its activity in allergic rhinitis, asthma and other related allergic phenomena such as phosphodiesterase inhibition reduction of alpha-adrenoceptor density, suppression of the effects of the platelet-activating factor, inhibition of lgE-dependent mediator secretion by cell types other than mast cells, and inhibition of neural transmission in vagal C fibers.
- Prevention and treatment of the symptoms of allergic rhinitis
- Reduction of sneezing, rhinorrhea and nasopharyngeal itching
- Management of seasonal rhinitis (hay fever) and perennial rhinitis
- Prevention of rhinitis caused by exposure to other types of specific inhalant allergens, especially if started prior to expected contact with the allergen
Nasotal® should not be given to patients with known hypersensitivity to sodium cromoglycate.
Some patients may experience transient nasal stinging and/or sneezing immediately following instillation of Nasotal® spray, but these effects are mild and transient and there is no need for discontinuation of therapy.
For adults and children (6 years and older), the dose is one spray in each nostril 4 times daily, increased if necessary to 6 to 8 times daily. Once the condition is stabilized it may be possible to reduce the dose.
In hay fever, treatment should continue until the pollen season is over.
In perennial rhinitis, treatment should continue for at least 2-4 weeks after clinical improvement is observed.
- A plastic compressible bottle of 15 mL.
- Storage :Store below 30 C and protect from direct light.
Keep all medicaments out of reach of children
Product of: AMOUN PHARMACEUTICAL CO. El-Obour City, Cairo, Egypt. ATC Code: R01AC01