- Sodium cromoglycate 2% w/v.
- Xylometazoline HCl 0.025% w/v.
Nasotal® compound is a combination of sodium cromoglycate and xylometazoline which give rapid and effective relief of allergic rhinitis.
Sodium cromoglycate (2%) is a mast cell stabilizer which prevents its degranulation, and therefore inhibits the release of mediators, e.g., histamine, prostaglandins, leukotrienes and others. Sodium cromoglycate should be used on a regular basis as it needs few days to stabilize the mast cell and control the symptoms.
Xylometazoline (0.025%) is a sympathomimetic agent added to give prompt relief of symptoms in allergic rhinitis and acts as an effective decongestant.
- Treatment of allergic rhinitis whether seasonal or perennial
- Prompt relief of symptoms, e.g., rhinorrhea, sneezing, itching, stuffiness and nose blowing
- Prophylaxis against allergic rhinitis caused by exposure to different types of allergens especially if started prior to the expected contact
Hypersensitivity to any of the compounds.
Some patients may experience transient nasal stinging and/or sneezing immediately following instillation of Nasotal® compound spray, but these effects are mild and transient and there is no need for discontinuation of therapy.
Dosage and Administration
For adults and children above 3 years, the dose is one spray in each nostril 4 times daily. The nasal passages should be cleared before use
In hay fever (seasonal rhinitis): Treatment should continue until the pollen season is over.
In perennial allergic rhinitis: Treatment should continue for at least 2-4 weeks until clinical improvement is observed.
- A plastic compressible bottle of 15 mL.
- Storage: Store below 30 C and protect from direct sunlight.
Keep all medicaments out of reach of children
Product of: AMOUN PHARMACEUTICAL CO. El-Obour City, Cairo, Egypt. ATC Code: S01GX02 , R01AA07