Mycoster is indicated for:
- Dermatoses, whether or not superinfected by bacteria.
- Dermatophyte fungal nail infections.
- mild to moderate seborrhoeic dermatitis of the face.
Method Of Application
- Fungal skin infections: 2 daily applications, for an average of 21 days.
- Dermatophyte fungal nail infections: apply Mycoster 1% solution alone or in association with another treatment for several months.
- Mild to moderate seborrhoeic dermatitis of the face: 2 applications per day over 2 to 4 weeks then 1 application per day for 28 days.
Method And Route Of Administration
Cutaneous route. For external use only.
Identification of The Medicine
Name: Mycoster 1%, solution for cutaneous application.
Qualitative and quantitative composition
- Each 100 ml Mycoster contains: Ciclopirox Olamine 1.000 g.
- Excipients: Macrogol 400, isopropanol, purified water.
Solution for cutaneous application, 15 ml bottle.
Antifungal for topical use (Dermatological medicine).
This medicine should not be used in the event of allergy to one of the product’s Ingredients. If doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist’s advice.
Do not apply this medicine near the eyes. Do not swallow. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant.
Precautions for use
Do not apply this medicine in the ocular area. Candidiasis: it is not recommended to use a pH acid soap (pH favourable to development of candida). If doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist ‘s advice.
In general, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding you should always ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine.
Like any active substance, this medicine may cause more or less unpleasant effects in certain people: During initial applications, local signs (burning sensation, redness, pruritus) may become worse in certain cases; these phenomena are temporary: do not stop treatment – In very exceptional cases, local reactions may persist: stop treatment and consult your doctor.
Report any undesirable or unpleasant effect not mentioned in this leaflet to your doctor or pharmacist.
Drug interactions and other interactions
In order to prevent possible interactions between several medicines, you must systematically inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines.
Do not exceed the expiry date indicated on the external packaging Special precautions for storage: This medicine must be stored at a temperature below 30 °C.