COMPOSITION: Each 5 ml contains Ambroxol Hydrochloride (BP) 15 mg.
CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY: Mucopect has been shown to increase respiratory tract secretion. It enhances pulmonary surfactant production and stimulates ciliary activity. Improvement of mucociliary clearance has been shown in clinical pharmacological studies. Enhancement of fluid secretion and mucociliary clearance facilitates expectoration and eases cough.
Mucopect is indicated as mucolytic.
Ambroxol Hydrochloride should not be used in patients known to be hypersensitive to Ambroxol or other components of the formulation.
- Administration of Ambroxol together with antibiotics (amoxicillin, cefuroxime, erythromycin and doxycycline) may lead to a higher antibiotic concentration in the lung tissue.
- No clinically relevant unfavourable interaction with other medications has been reported.
Ambroxol Hydrochloride should be taken at meal times.
Allergic reactions and mild gastro-intestinal side effects have been rarely reported.
USE DURING PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
- The usual precautions regarding the use of drugs during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester, should be observed.
- The drug is excreted in breast milk, but is not likely to affect the infant when therapeutic doses are used. In both cases, consult the doctor before use.
- Adults and children over 12 years: 10 ml 3 times daily. For the therapy of acute respiratory tract disorders and for the initial treatment of chronic condition up to 14 days, the dose may be increased to 20 ml 2 times daily.
- Children 6-12 years: 5 ml, 2-3 times daily.
- Children 2-6 years: 2.5 ml 3 times daily.
- Children under 2 years: 2.5 ml 2 times daily.
- In case of overdose, patients may suffer from increased salivation, retching, vomiting and drop in blood pressure.
- In case of accidental or intentional extreme overdosage, the cardiovascular system should be monitored and if necessary, symptomatic measures should be taken.
- Store at temperature (15-25) °C.
- Do not use the drug after the expiry date printed on the package.
- Medicament is a product which affects your health. and its consumption contrary to instructions is dangerous for you.
- Follow strictly the doctor’s prescription, the method of use and the instructions of the pharmacist who sales the medicament.
- The doctor and the pharmacist are experts in medicine. it’s benefits and risks.
- Do not by yourself interrupt the period of treatment prescribed for you.
- Do not repeat the same prescription without consulting your doctor.
- Keep medicament out of children reach.
Contact Pharmacily administrator: If you have any notes or feedback you need to reach us with, feel free contacting us any time via e-mail( Listen2article@gmail.com). Please contact us via email (email@example.com) or via contact us form, if the information on this page is incorrect, or if you have other information to update this page.