|Available concentrations||100 mg.|
|Company||ZIAX Pharmaceutical company|
|Active Ingredients||LACTOFERRIN+VITAMINES& MINERALS|
|Anatomical main group||Dietary Supplement.|
|Therapeutic subgroup||Immunity enhancer, Iron deficiency treatment.|
|Legal status||Prescription & OTC|
- LACRIM Sachets, is A dietary supplement that mainly contains a substance called (Lactoferrin at a concentration of 200 mg) in addition to a group of vitamins, and this substance can be described as an iron-saturated substance with 30% (therefore it is not recommended to take iron supplements with it) and 70% of it works to capture free iron from blood and turns it into hemoglobin to treat anemia.
- Lactoferrin is used for treating stomach and intestinal ulcers, diarrhea, and hepatitis C. It is also used as an antioxidant and to protect against bacterial and viral infections. Other uses include stimulating the immune system, preventing tissue damage related to aging, promoting healthy intestinal bacteria, preventing cancer, and regulating the way the body processes iron.
- Lactoferrin is a protein found in cow milk and human milk. Colostrum, the first milk produced after a baby is born, contains high levels of lactoferrin, about seven times the amount found in milk produced later on. Lactoferrin is also found in fluids in the eye, nose, respiratory tract, intestine, and elsewhere.
- Some researchers suggest lactoferrin might play a role in solving global health problems such as iron deficiency and severe diarrhea.
- In industrial agriculture, lactoferrin is used to kill bacteria during meat processing.
How does LACTOFERRIN work?
- Lactoferrin helps regulate the absorption of iron in the intestine and delivery of iron to the cells.
- It also seems to protect against bacterial infection, possibly by preventing the growth of bacteria by depriving them of essential nutrients or by killing bacteria by destroying their cell walls. The lactoferrin contained in mother’s milk is credited with helping to protect breast-fed infants against bacterial infections.
- In addition to bacterial infections, lactoferrin seems to be active against infections caused by some viruses and fungi.
- Lactoferrin also seems to be involved with regulation of bone marrow function (myelopoiesis), and it seems to be able to boost the body’s defense (immune) system.
What is indications for use of LACRIM?
- Anemia, especially during pregnancy and lactation.
- Prevention of breast tumors.
- Knee roughness and arthritis.
- Anemia in children, especially during an intestinal infection.
- Treatment of hair loss caused by a deficiency of ferritin.
- enhance immunity and raise the body’s efficiency in fighting diseases. Recently, with the spread of the Coronavirus(Covid-19), health authorities in many countries of the world recommended the use of nutritional supplements containing “lactoferrin” within the prevention and treatment protocols for Covid-19..
- Helicobacter pylori infection (an ulcer-causing bacterial infection). There is conflicting research about the effectiveness of adding lactoferrin from cows (bovine lactoferrin) to standard ulcer treatments. Some studies show bovine lactoferrin improves the effectiveness of some prescription medications. Other studies show no benefit. However, studies do agree that treating Helicobacter pylori infection with bovine lactoferrin alone isn’t effective, even at high doses.
- Stimulating the immune system.
- Preventing damage related to aging.
- Promoting healthy bacteria in the intestine.
- Regulating iron metabolism.
- Fighting bacteria and viruses (antibacterial and antiviral agent).
- Use as an antioxidant.
Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine for reasons other than the above.
What are the components of LACRIM?
- Lactoferrin 100 mg.
- Vitamin C.
- Vitamin B6.
- Vitamin B12.
- Folic Acid.
What is the dose LACRIM?
- Infants from birth age to 1 year: Half a sachet once daily, dissolved in milk or water.
- Infants 1 to 3 years: 1 sachet per day once daily, dissolved in milk or water.
- Children over 3 years: the same dose for adults (one sachet in the morning and one in the evening in a quarter cup of milk or juice a quarter of an hour before eating).
- Pregnant women dose from the first month to the end of pregnancy: one sachet in the morning and an evening on a quarter of a cup of milk or juice a quarter of an hour before eating for a month, then one sachet per day until the end of pregnancy or as directed by the doctor.
- Dosage of lactating women: one sachet morning and evening in a quarter cup of milk or juice, quarter of an hour before eating.
- The dose in cases of hair loss due to a lack of ferritin: one sachet in the morning and evening in a quarter of a cup of milk or juice a quarter of an hour before eating for a month.
- To prevent breast cancer: one sachet for a continuous month and repeat this dose every 6 months.
- Dosage in acute anemia (alternative dose of iron injection): 4 sachets with cup of cold milk on an empty stomach daily for two weeks, then 2 sachets with cup of cold milk on an empty stomach daily for a month..
- Dosage for prevention and treatment during viral infection, including Covid-19 infection: 1 sachet twice daily for 14 days.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Lactoferrin is safe for pregnant and breast-feeding women in food amounts. But larger medicinal amounts should be avoided until more is known.
Is LACRIM useful for preventing corona virus?
LACRIM contain 100 mg of lactoferrin protein recommended by the Egyptian Ministry of Health and Population within the treatment protocol for Covid-19 virus and for the prevention of infection with the virus. The content of lactoferrin in LACRIM sachets may have a role in the prevention and treatment of:
- Control the virus’s proliferation and slow its spread in the cells of the body.
- Enhance the immune system and reducing the possibility of infection.
- Improve the levels of serum ferritin in the blood and thus reduce the chances of infection with the virus.
- Reducing levels of interleukin, which somehow contributes to reducing symptoms of infection.
Frequently asked questions
How does lactoferrin contribute to protecting you from corona?
Lactoferrin, a protein that has the ability to stimulate the immune system to counter disease-causing invasion, and has been shown to have anti-virus activity against viruses: “herpes simplex, AIDS, polio, respiratory viruses, liver viruses, and Hantavirus”.
Is it suitable for children and infants? LACRIM is suitable for all ages.
Is it safe to get pregnant? LACRIM It is the optimal treatment during pregnancy, lactation, and in any month of pregnancy and until birth because it is completely safe.
Does LACRIM gain weight or treat thinness? It has no effect on weight.
Is LACRIM inconsistent with any disease? No, LACRIM it does not conflict with any disease.
What are the side effects LACRIM? It has no side effects or negligible damage. but In very high doses, Lactoferrin can cause diarrhea, skin rash, loss of appetite, fatigue, chills, and constipation have been reported.
is LACRIM an OTC medicine ? yes LACRIM is an OTC medicine and It can be be bought without a prescription.
LACRIM Does it taste acceptable? LACRIM With the taste of chocolate – it can be added to coffee, juice, or yogurt. Just make sure to take the full dose and there is no residue in the cup.
Is there interactions between LACRIM and other drugs? There is no known interactions between the contents of LACRIM, and other medications, such as hypertension, heart, or Diabetes medications, however it is advisable to avoid taking your usual medications at the same time with LACRIM , and it is preferable to separate your usual medications with LACRIM at least two hours (before or after ).
Contact Pharmacily administrator: If you have any notes or feedback you need to reach us with, feel free contacting us any time via e-mail( Listen2article@gmail.com). Please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via contact us form, if the information on this page is incorrect, or if you have other information to update this page.