Evaculax is used to treat constipation. It is known as a bulk-forming laxative. It increases the bulk in your stool, an effect that helps to cause movement of the intestines. It also works by increasing the amount of water in the stool, making the stool softer and easier to pass. If you are self-treating, follow all directions on the product package. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist. To prevent choking from this medication, take it with a full glass of water or other liquid (8 ounces/240 milliliters). It may take 1 to 3 days before this medication starts working. Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it.
Each Evaculax Film coated tablet contains:
- Active ingredient: Calcium polycarbophil 625 mg (equivalent to 500 mg polycarbophil).
- Inactive ingredients: Magnesium stearate, Silicon dioxide (Sipernat 22), Microcrystalline cellulose (ph 102), Dicalcium phosphate, Sodium starch glycolate, Croscarmellose sodium, Corn starch, Hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose E15, Poly ethylene glycol 6000.
Bulk-forming laxative to relieve occasional constipation to help restore and maintain regularity. This product generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours.
- Choking: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking.
- Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing.
- If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any other drug.
- Take this product 2 or more hours before or after other drugs.
- All laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if Rectal bleeding occurs or you fail to have a bowel movement after use of this or any other laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting.
- Noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks.
When using this product:
- Do not use for more than 7 days unless directed by a doctor.
- Do not exceed 8 tablets in a 24 hour period unless directed by a doctor.
- Take each dose of this product with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See choking warning.
- May take one to three days to provide full benefit.
- dosage and results may vary according to diet, exercise, previous laxative use or seventy of constipation.
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: 2 tablets per dose, do not exceed 4 doses per day.
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor .
- Dosage is based on your age, medical condition, and response to treatment. Do not increase your dose or take this drug more often than directed.
- To help you remember, take it at the same time(s) each day. Do not take this medication for more than 7 days unless directed by your doctor.
What are the side effects of Evaculax?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Call your doctor at once if you have: severe stomach cramps, rectal bleeding; or no bowel movement within 3 days after using Evaculax. Common side effects may include: mild stomach pain; bloating; or gas.
What may interact with this medicine?
This product may decrease the absorption of other medications you may be taking. Ask your doctor or pharmacist how long to wait between doses and when you should take your medications.
- some antibiotics like ciprofloxacin, doxycycline, levofloxacin, tetracycline
- strontium-89 chloride
- thyroid hormones
This list may not describe all possible interactions. Give your health care provider a list of all the medicines, herbs, non-prescription drugs, or dietary supplements you use. Also tell them if you smoke, drink alcohol, or use illegal drugs. Some items may interact with your medicine.
Pack and storage conditions
- Carton box contains 2 (Al/ transparent PVC) strips, each of 10 film coated tablets + inner leaflet.
- Store at temperature not exceeding 30°C, in dry place.
- Manufactured by Western Pharmaceutical Industries For International Medical Guide Under License from Eckhart Corp. — USA.
|A06AC08||DRUGS FOR CONSTIPATION||Bulk-forming laxatives||Polycarbophil||International Medical Guide|
Evaculax – Information Leaflet
Contact Us: If you have any notes or feedback you need to reach us with, feel free contacting us any time via e-mail( Listen2article@gmail.com). Please contact us via email (listen2article), contact us form, if the information on this page is incorrect, or if you have other information to update this page.