Hypertonic solution of sodium phosphates.
Enemax® is classified as a saline laxative for the relief of constipation and effective rapid evacuation of the bowel.
Sodium phosphates are poorly absorbed from G.I.T., so they remain in the lumen of intestine retaining water in the lumen by their high osmotic pressure, stimulating the wall of the large intestine, and thus producing rapid watery evacuation of the bowel.
Enemax® induces complete emptying of the colon within few minutes.
Enemax® is especially indicated when rapid, painless, and effortless evacuation of the bowel is needed in:
- Cardiac patients and cardiac care units(CCUs)
- Critically ill patients in intensive care units (ICUs)
- Glaucoma and ophthalmic surgery when straining is catastrophic
- Postoperative, especially in hernia operation
- In all other cases where straining and pain are contraindicated.
Enemax® is also indicated for general therapeutic , medical and diagnostic purposes:
- Routine laxative Fecal mass impaction
- Rapid relief of constipation when staining is undesirable
- Relief of barium impaction
- Preoperative preparation Postoperative care
- At the onset of labour
- Preparation for X-ray
- Rapid preparation for rectal examination
- Preparation for endoscopy (proctoscopy and sigmoidoscopy)
- Double enema test in intestinal obstruction
Handy disposable plastic bottle (with applicator) containing 120ml.
Keep all medicaments out of reach of children
Product of: AMOUN PHARMACEUTICAL CO. El-Obour City, Cairo, Egypt. ATC Code: A06AG01.