Each capsule contain: Doxycycline hyclate 100 mg.
- The Doxycycline hyclate of Doxy MR capsules is specially formulated in the form of modified release pellets.
- This form elicit the at most utilization of the bacteriosatatic effect of Doxycycline with the minimum GI side effects.
- Doxycycline inhibits bacterial protein synthesis. Its site of action is the bacterial ribosome.
- Doxycycline posses a wide range of antimicrobial activity against gram positive & gram negative bacteria, which overlaps that of many other antimicrobial drugs.
- Also, effective against some microorganisms that are resistant to agents that exerts their effects on the bacterial cell wall, such as Rickettsia, Mycoplasma, Chlamydia & others.
- It is also indicated in cases of Trachoma, inclusion conjunctivitis and stage 1 lyme disease.
Dosage & Administration
The dose of Doxycycline for adults is 100mg every 12 hours during the first 24 hours, followed by 100mg once daily or twice daily when sever infection is present.
- Patients with hepatic or renal insufficiency.
- Doxy 100 should not be taken with any phenobarbiton, laxatives, phenytion & rifampicin.
- It should not be taken during second half of pregnancy or during lactation.
- Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, epigastric distress and anorexia are all possible side effects of Doxycycline.
- Also other possible side effects include, candidiasis, elevated hepatic enzymes, eosinophilia, increased intracranial pressure and photosensitivity.
- These side effects may be alleviated due to the special gaeenic form of Doxy MR.
Box contains 10 capsules in strip.
Doxy MR Capsules is a product of Adwia Pharmaceuticals , Egypt