Digenorm Syrup is a well balanced, alcohol-free, sugar-free and sodium-free combination of specific digestive enzymes that effectively promote complete digestion of dietary proteins, carbohydrates, fats and fibers.
Each 5 ml contains: 80 mg Papain 6000 IU,8 mg Pepsin (1:15000), 12 mg Sanzyme (SP 3500).
Papain and pepsin are two proteolytic enzymes which affect hydrolysis of proteins into peptides, peptones and other easily assimilated simpler molecules. Sanzyme SP 3500 is a multienzyme complex containing protease, amylase, lipase, cellulase and other effective enzymes.
Papain and pepsin act in synergism for protein digestion. The other enzyme components in Sanzyme SP 3500 act upon starch, fats and fibers converting them into simpler and easily-digestible and absorbable components.
They bring to completion the hydrolysis of starch into dextrins and simpler sugars, fats into fatty acids and glycerol, and disintegrate cellulose into absorbable matter.
This optimum digestive power of Digenorm helps overcome digestive disorders and compensates for digestive enzyme deficiency responsible for protein, carbohydrate or fat intolerance. Being alcohol-free, Digenorm retains its full enzymatic strength unchanged upon time and is very safe for digestive troubles during pregnancy.
Being sugar-free, Digenorm is the drug of choice for dietary regimen and diabetic patients, while the absence of sodium makes Digenorm suitable for hypertensive patients.
- Functional indigestion in all ages, and in pregnancy, due to digestive enzyme deficiency or imbalance, with symptoms such as dyspepsia, postprandial discomfort, epigastric fullness flatulence.
- Inadequate digestive secretory function due to diseases such as chronic gastritis, pancreatitis and enteritis or chronic parasitic diseases (e. g. bilharziasis and amebiasis).
- Digestive disturbances following surgery on the stomach, small intestine and pancreas.
- Loss of appetite and anorexia nervosa.
Digenorm is administered 3 times daily during or just after meals as follows:
- Infants under one year: 8-15 drops.
- Children (1-3 years): ½ teaspoonful.
- Children (3-12 years): One teaspoonful. Adults: One tablespoonful.
Digenorm is completely safe.
A bottle containing 100 or 120 ml.
Keep at a temperature not exceeding 30° C. Keep out of reach of children.