Contractubex is indicated for: Movement-restricting hypertrophic, keloidal scares and cosmetically disfiguring scars after operations, amputations, burns and accidents; contractures such as Dupytren’s contracture and traumatic tendon contracture, cicatricial strictures.
Dosage & Administration
- Unless otherwise prescribed by the physician. Slightly massage Contractubex into the scar tissue several times daily until complete penetration of the gel.
- Fresh Scars: Treatment can be started just days after wound closure, or 8-10 days after an operation.
- Old & hard Scars: It is recommended that the scar be covered with Contractubex and a bandage overnight to enhance deep penetration of the active ingredients.
Each 100 gm gel contains: Active Ingredient: Extr. Cepae Fluid 10 gm, heparin sodium 5000 I.U., allantoin 1 gm.
Inactive Ingredients: Sorbic acid Methyl-4-hydroxybenzoate,Perfume fragrance 231616,Xanthan gum, Polyethylene glycol 200, Water purified
Pharmaceutical Form: Gel form
The active ingredients in Contractubex are cepae extract, heparin and allantoin, Cepae extract is obtained from onions. It generates an anti-inflammatory, bactericidal effect. And it reduces swelling while preventing excessive growth of the connective tissue.
Heparin loosens the tissue structure. It has an anti-inflammatory effect and helps to bind water to the scar tissue. Allantoin encourages wound healing and has a soothing effect. In older scars its most important effect is to replenish and regulate the extreme lack of water in the scar tissue- and to promote blood flow.
The effects of the ingredients enhance and complement each other. And the water-soluble ointment base allows the active ingredients to penetrate into deeper layers of the skin. Contractubex does not leave behind a residue. Rather its protective film shields the sensitive scar tissue.In many cases, Contractubex treatments make scar tissues elastic again and restore most of their functionality. The earlier you begin to treat the scar tissue with Contractubex the better the outcome will be.
- Contractubex should not be used by patients with hypersensitivity to alky-4-hydroxybenzoates (parabenes).
- Do not use on open wounds, unhealed or mucous membrane.
- Infants under 1 year old.
Contractubex is excellently tolerated even on long-term use. Local skin reactions are expected to occur in only rare cases.
Pregnancy & Lactation
No controlled study has been conducted in pregnant women or animals. In these conditions, the drug should not be used unless absolutely necessary.
Precautions & Warnings
Do not use Contractubex gel if you are having light therapy (called phototherapy) for your skin condition. -Do not use this medicine after the expiry date printed on the pack or if the packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering.
Avoid sunlight and sun lamps, tanning beds, and treatments with UVA or UVB light. If you need to be outdoors after applying Contractubex, wear loose clothing that protects the treated area from the sun.
Do not cover the area being treated with bandages, dressings, or wraps. However, normal clothing can be worn over the treated areas.
Extr. Cepae Fluid, heparin sodium, allantoin
Package & Storage
- Carton Box Containing AL tube of 20 gm & insert Leaflet.
- Carton Box Containing AL tube of 50 gm & insert Leaflet.
- Store at temperature not exceeding 30 °C.
Instructions To Patients
- Apply a film of the gel on a cleaned scar for 3-4 times daily.
- Rub in the gel with the fingertips for about 2-3 minutes.
- Rub away from the middle to cover all the wound’s edges or along the length of the scar.
- Rub in the gel with gentle pressure to increase the penetration of the active ingredients. Properly massaging the scar should not cause any pain.
|اسم الدواء||كونتراكتيوبكس جيل موضعى|
|المكون النشط||خلاصة البصل + هيبارين + الانتوين|
|دواعى الاستعمال||علاج الندوب المشوهة عقب العمليات و البثور و الحروق و الحوادث|
|حجم العبوة||20 جرام|
|الشركة المنتجة||ماركيرل للصناعات الدوائية|
كونتراكتيوبكس جيل -النشرة الداخلية