Each 1 ml contains:
- Choline salicylate solution 432 mg
- Glycerol 126 mg
The low surface tension of AUDAX Ear Drops ensures rapid penetration to the site of action. Choline salicylate exerts quick and prolonged analgesia. The pH of AUDAX Ear Drops is adjusted to approximate closely that normally found in the external auditory meatus. AUDAX Ear Drops contain no irritants or sensitising local anesthetics.
AUDAX Ear Drops eliminate the need to resort to oral salicylates or other systemic analgesics. In addition, AUDAX Ear Drops exert local anti-inflammatory and antipruritus effects in the ear and have their own spectrum of antimicrobial activity.
- For prompt relief of pain due to acute or chronic otitis media, acute or chronic otitis externa.
- Also for the relief of pruritus (itching) and inflammation and of pain due to boils and furuncles in the external auditory canal.
Dosage and Administration
- Place the head to one side with the affected ear uppermost. Completely fill the ear canal with the ear drops, using the dropper provided.
- Insert a cotton wool plug previously soaked in the drops.
- Alternatively, if the doctor has inserted a wick, use the drops to keep it moist.
- The drops may be instilled every 3 to 4 hours or as required until a permanent relief is obtained. If pain and inflammation persist after 24 hours, consult your doctor ز
Contraindications and Warnings
- Salicylate sensitivity.
- Where infection of the ear necessitates topical and/or systemic antibiotics, the AUDAX Ear Drops are designed as an adjunct therapy.
Packing & other information
- Bottle containing 10 ml with a dropper
- Storage: Store in a cool and dry place protected from light. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Made in Egypt PHARCO PHARMACEUTICALS Alexandria, UNDER LICENCE OF Mundipharma AG Basel Switzerland