Arthineur capsule is a pain-relieving medicine. It is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, low back pain and other acute musculoskeletal disorders such as periarthritis, tendinitis, tenosynovitis, bursitis, sprains, strains and dislocation, ankylosing spondylitis and acute gout. Arthineur could be used to control pain and inflammation in orthopedic, dental and other minor surgery.
Arthineur capsules belong to a group of medicines known as “non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)”. NSAIDs are intended for relief of pain and inflammation . Arthineur capsules contains a combination of four active constituents (Diclofenac, Thiamine, Pyridoxine and Cyanocobalamine).
Arthineur capsules indicated for:
- Neuritis and neurolgia such as cervical syndrome lumbago ischialgia.
- Painful degenerative forms of rheumatism of an inflammatory nature or activated by an inflammation, e.g: Arthrosis, Chronic polyarthosis, spondythitis ankylosons (Bechterew’s disease) and Acute attacks of gout.
- Nor-articular rheumatism.
- Non-rheumatic inflammatory pain.
Each capsule contains:
- Diclofenac Sodium 50 mg.
- Thiamine mononitrate (Vit B1) 50 mg.
- Pyridoxine HCL (Vit B6) 50 mg
- Cyanocobalmine (Vit B12) 0.25 mg.
Inactive ingredients: Magnesium Stearate 0.5 mg, Colloidal sillicon dioxide 0.5 mg, Starch (1500) 48.75 mg, Titanium dioxide 1.5 mg, Gelatin 573 mg and Fd&C Yellow (# 10) 1.2 mg.
Dosage & Adminstration
- The recommended adult dose: 1 capsule (1-3 times / day).
- The recommended dose for children over 6 years of age: 2 mg diclofenac per kg body weight distributed over several doses.
- The recommended dose for children under 6 years of age: definitely to be excluded from therapy.
How to use this medicine?
- Always use this medicine according to the doctor’s instructions. Check with the doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure about the dosage and the manner of treatment with the medicine. The dosage and manner of treatment will be determined by the doctor only.
- The usual recommended dosage is: one capsule twice daily. The medicine is not suitable for children. Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Swallow the capsule whole with a glass of water, with or after food. Do not crush/halve/chew the capsules. The doctor may instruct you to take Arthineur at the same time as another medicine to protect the stomach, particularly if you have had stomach problems before, or if you are elderly, or taking certain other medicines as well.
- If you have accidentally taken a higher dosage: Symptoms of an overdose can include: headache, nausea (feeling sick), vomiting, abdominal pain, stomach or intestinal bleeding, diarrhea (rarely), disorientation, excitation, coma, drowsiness, dizziness, ringing in the ears, fainting, or occasionally convulsions (seizures, uncontrolled fits). If you have taken an overdose or if a child has accidentally swallowed the medicine, proceed immediately to a doctor or a hospital emergency room and bring the package of the medicine with you.
- If you forgot to take the medicine: It is very important that you do not miss a dose. If you forgot to take this medicine at the designated time, take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is nearly time for your next dose, just take the next dose and forget about the one you missed. Do not take a double dose to make up for the forgotten dose. If you have trouble remembering to take the capsules, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
- Continue with the treatment as recommended by the doctor: Even if there is an improvement in your health, do not stop taking this medicine without consulting the doctor.
- Do not take medicines in the dark! Check the label and the dose each time you take a medicine. Wear glasses if you need them. If you have further questions on the use of this medicine, consult the doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use this medicine if:
Common side effects (effects that appear in 1-10 out of 100 users):
- Stomach pain, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, indigestion, wind, loss of appetite.
- Headache, dizziness, vertigo.
- Skin rash or spots.
- Raised levels of liver enzymes in the blood.
Uncommon side effects (effects that appear in 1-10 out of 1,000 users):
- Fast or irregular heart beat (palpitations), chest pain, heart disorders, including heart attack or breathlessness, difficulty breathing when lying down, or swelling of the feet or legs (signs of heart failure), especially if you have been taking a higher dose (150 mg Diclofenac per day) for a long period of time.
Rare side effects (effects that appear in 1-10 out of 10,000 users):
- Stomach ulcers or bleeding (there have been very rare reported cases resulting in death, particularly in the elderly).
- Gastritis (inflammation, irritation or swelling of the stomach lining).
- Vomiting blood.
- Diarrhea with blood in it or bleeding from the rectum.
- Black, tarry stool.
- Drowsiness, tiredness.
- Skin rash and itching.
- Edema (fluid retention), symptoms of which include swollen ankles.
- Liver function disorders, including hepatitis (liver inflammation) and jaundice.
- Asthma (symptoms may include wheezing, breathlessness, coughing and a tightness across the chest)
Arthineur – Information Leaflet
|Arthineur capsules English Information Leaflet.|
|Arthineur capsules Arabic Information Leaflet.|
Arthineur- Product Information
- Produced by: EGYPHAR- Obour City – Egypt.
- ATC code: M01AB55 (diclofenac, combinations), A11DA01 (thiamine / vit B1), A11HA02 (pyridoxine / vit B6), B03BA01 (cyanocobalamin).
Our goal is to provide you with the most relevant and up-to-date information. However, because pharmaceutical products affect each person differently, we cannot guarantee that this article includes all the information you should know, and you should always consult your doctor, pharmacist or health provider. Copyright: “All rights reserved (c) pharmacia1 .com” – Contact us via the contact form, or simply write a comment at the bottom of the page.