Arthineur capsule is a pain-relieving medicine. It is used to reduce pain and inflammation in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and osteoarthritis. It may also be used to relieve muscle pain, back pain, toothache, or pain in the ear and throat.
Arthineur capsule should be taken with food. This will prevent you from getting an upset stomach. You should take it regularly as advised by your doctor. Do not take more or use it for a longer duration than recommended by your doctor.
Some of the common side effects of this medicine include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite, heartburn, and diarrhea. If any of these side effects bother you or do not go away with time, you should let your doctor know. Your doctor may help you with ways to reduce or prevent the side effects.
The medicine may not be suitable for everybody. Before taking it, let your doctor know if you have any problems with your heart, kidneys, liver, or have stomach ulcers. To make sure it is safe for you, let your doctor know about all the other medicines you are taking. Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should first consult their doctors before using this medicine.
Cardiovascular risk: NSAIDs may cause an increased risk of serious cardiovascular thrombotic events, myocardial infarction, and stroke, which can be fatal. This risk may increase with duration of use. Patients with cardiovascular disease may be at greater risk. NSAIDs is contraindicated for the treatment of peri-operative pain in the setting of coronary artery by pass graft (CABG) Surgery .
Gastrointestinal risk: NSAIDs cause increased risk of serious gastrointestinal adverse events including inflammation, bleeding,ulceration, and perforation of the stomach or intestines, which can be fatal. These events can occur at any time during use and without warning symptoms. Elderly patients are at greater risk for serious gastrointestinal events.
Each capsule of Arthineur contains:
- Diclofenac sodium … 50 mg.
- Vitamin B1 … 50 mg.
- Vitamin B6 … 50 mg.
- Vitamin B12 … 0.25 mg.
How to take Arthineur
The doctor will tell you how many Arthineur capsules to take and when to take them. Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Take the capsules with or after food.
- Swallow the capsules whole with a glass of water. DO NOT crush or chew the capsules.
- while you are on Arthineur , the doctor may also prescribe another drug to protect the stomach to be taken at the same time, particularly if you have had stomach problems before, or if you are elderly, or taking certain other drugs as well.
The recommended dose is:
- Adults: 50 to 150 mg daily( equivalent to one to three capsules of Arthineur) in two or three divided doses.
- Elderly: The lowest effective dose should be used. Your doctor may advise you to take a dose that is lower than the usual adult dose if you are elderly. Your doctor may also want to check closely that the Arthineur capsules are not affecting your stomach.
- Children: These capsules are not suitable for children aged under 12.
If you take more Arthineur than you should: If you, or anyone else, accidentally take too much Arthineur, tell your doctor or go to your nearest hospital casualty department immediately. Take your medicine pack with you so that people can see what you have taken. Symptoms of an overdose can include: headache, nausea (feeling sick), vomiting, abdominal pain, stomach or intestinal bleeding, rarely diarrhoea, disorientation, excitation, coma, drowsiness, dizziness, ringing in the ears, fainting, or occasionally convulsions (seizures, uncontrolled fits).
If you forget to take Arthineur: It is important that you do not miss a dose. If you forget to take a dose, take one as soon as you remember. If it is nearly time for your next dose, just take the next dose and forget about the one you missed. Do NOT take a double dose to make up for a forgotten capsule. Do not take more than 150 mg( equivelant to 3 Arthineur capsules) in 24 hours. If you have trouble remembering to take the capsules, tell your doctor or pharmacist. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Common side effects (These may affect between 1 to 10 in every 100 patients)
- Stomach pain, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, indigestion, wind, loss of appetite .
- Headache, dizziness, vertigo .
- Skin rash or spots.
- Raised levels of liver enzymes in the blood.
Uncommon side effects (These may affect between 1 to 10 in every 1000 patients)
Fast or irregular heart beat (palpitations), chest pain, heart disorders, including heart attack or breathlessness, difficulty breathing when lying down, or swelling of the feet or legs (signs of heart failure), especially if you have been taking a higher dose (150 mg per day) for a long period of time.
Arthineur – Information Leaflet
|Arthineur capsules English Information Leaflet.|
|Arthineur capsules Arabic Information Leaflet.|
Arthineur- Product Information
- Produced by: EGYPHAR- Obour City – Egypt.
- ATC code: M01AB55 (diclofenac, combinations), A11DA01 (thiamine / vit B1), A11HA02 (pyridoxine / vit B6), B03BA01 (cyanocobalamin).
Our goal is to provide you with the most relevant and up-to-date information. However, because pharmaceutical products affect each person differently, we cannot guarantee that this article includes all the information you should know, and you should always consult your doctor, pharmacist or health provider. Copyright: “All rights reserved (c) pharmacia1 .com” – Contact us via the contact form, or simply write a comment at the bottom of the page.