Amrase is a prescription medicine used to treat the symptoms of lack of enzymes, including cystic fibrosis, chronic inflammation of the pancreas, or blockage of the pancreatic ducts (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency). Amrase may be used alone or with other medications.
- Trade Name: Amrase Enteric Coated Tablets.
- Generic Name: Pancreatin 8 X, Papain 5 X, Ox bile extract.
Each Enteric Coated Tablet contains: Active ingredients:
- Pancreatin 8 X …… 37.5 mg (Equivalent in activity to 300 mg Pancreatin USP).
- Papain 5 X ……. 10 mg (Equivalent in activity to 50 mg Papain USP).
- Ox-bile extract ……. 30 mg (Contains not less than 45% of cholic acid).
Inactive ingredients: Croscarmellose sodium, anhydrous lactose, Magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose (type 101).
Pharmaceutical form: Enteric coated tablets.
- Pancreatin hydrolyses fats to glycerol and fatty acids, break down protein into peptides, proteoses and derived substances. and convert starch into dextrins and sugars.
- Papain consists chiefly of a mixture of papain and chymopapain, proteolytic enzymes that hydrolyse polypeptides, amides, and esters, especially at bonds involving basic amino acids, or leucine or glycine, yielding peptides of lower molecular weight.
- Ox bile extract have a choleretic action, increasing the secretion of bile, when given by mouth.
- For treatment of dyspepsia, has choleretic action.
- In conditions of pancreatic exocrine deficiency such as pancreatitis and cystic fibrosis.
Dosage and administration
One tablet three times daily with meals to be swallowed as a whole or as prescribed by the physician.
- Hypersensitivity to active ingredients or against any of the excipients.
- Use of high doses in patients with cystic fibrosis should be avoided.
- Hypersensitivity reactions.
- gastrointestinal side effects such as abdominal discomfort, nausea and vomiting.
- Buccal and perianal irritation particularly in infants.
Package and Storage conditions
- Store at temperature not exceeding 25°C. In dry place.
- Package Carton box containing 3 (Al / Transparent Colorless PVC) strips, each of 10 enteric coated tablets + an inner leaflet.
- Manufactured By: Amriya for Pharmaceutical Industries Alexandria — Egypt.
|Ox-bile extract||cholic acid||Papain||Pancreatin||Enzyme preparations||Amriya for Pharmaceutical Industries|
Amrase – Information Leaflet
|Council of Arab Health Ministers and Union of Arab pharmacists|
|Medicament is a product which affects your health, and its consumption contrary to instructions is dangerous for you.|
|Follow strictly the doctor’s prescription, the method of use and the instructions of the pharmacist who sells the medicament.|
|The doctor and the pharmacist are experts in medicine, its benefits and risks.|
|Do not by yourself intenupt the period of treatment prescribed for you.|
|Do not repeat the same prescription without consulting your doctor.|
|Keep medicament out of children reach.|
Contact Us: If you have any notes or feedback you need to reach us with, feel free contacting us any time via e-mail( Listen2article@gmail.com). Please contact us via email (listen2article), contact us form, , if the information on this page is incorrect, or if you have other information to update this page.