Each capsule contains:
- Doxycycline 100 mg.
- Ambroxol HCl 75 mg.
- Doxycycline, has a bacteriostatic activity against a wide range of gram positive and gram-negative microorganisms.
- Ambroxol, which is the metabolite of bromhexine, has a mucolytic and regulating activity as it normalises the mucous production.
- Combining Doxycycline and Ambroxol in Ambrodoxy helps to treat the infection and it is sequel at the same time leading to a better patient compliance.
Upper and lower respiratory tract infections especially those accompanied by abnormal secretion such as sinusitis, asthmatic acute bronchitis, acute attacks of chronic bronchitis, asthmatic bronchitis & pneumonia.
Dosage & Administration
- The usual adult dose is two capsules in the first day, followed by one capsule per day for the rest of treatment period.
- In severe infections two capsules should be given throughout the treatment period.
- For children over 10 years of age and/or weighing 50 kg or more, the usual adult dose used.
It is contraindicated for:
- Patients with hypersensitivity to any of the tetracycyclines.
- In the first trimester of pregnancy & for lactating women.
- Patients having peptic ulcer.
Side effects specially that of the GI tract (the most frequent) are much alleviated due to the special galenic form of Ambrodoxy. Gastro intestinal (as anorexia, nausea, vomiting, gastric irritation, diarrhea, glossitis and monilial over growth of the anogenital region) abnormal hepatic functions, skin rash, hypersensitivity reactions and blood abnormalities.
Box of 10 capsules in strip.
Ambrodoxy Capsules produced by ADWIA Co, S.A.E. 10TH of Ramadan City, Egypt – ATC Code – R05CB06 / J01AA02