Alucal Plus tablets Contain antacid to neutralise excess stomach acid, Alucal Plus tablets work fast to relieve the symptoms of heartburn and indigestion.
Alucal Plus Dosage
- The usual dosage is 1 to 2 tablets to be chewed after or between meals , up to 3-4 times per day.
- In case of more frequent or severe pain, the dose may be increased for a short period, up to 10 tablets per day.
- This medicine is only for adults and children over 12 years.
- The duration of treatment is limited to 14 days.
Alucal Plus is suitable for use in pregnancy or when breastfeeding if taken as instructed. However, if you are pregnant always talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine.
Each tablet contains:
- Dihydroxyaluminium sodium carbonate 320 mg
- Simethicone 20 mg
Alucal Plus tablets contain the most effective, rapid and potent non-systemic antacid with a prolonged high neutralizing capacity (Dihydroxyaluminium sodium carbonate).
Alucal Plus tablets contain Dihydroxyaluminium sodium carbonate which neutralise excess stomach acid by turning it into water & other natural substances.
Simethicone is used in the treatment of flatulence and meteorism for the elimination of gas, air or foam from the gastrointestinal tract.
Neutralization of gastric contents involves the formation of Dihydroxyaluminium sodium chloride, where some of Dihydroxyaluminium sodium is absorbed from the intestine and about 80% is reconverted to insoluble Dihydroxyaluminium sodium carbonate which is excreted in the faeces.
Indications & Usage
Used for the treatment of flatulence, hyperacidity and gas bloating.
- Hypercalcemia and hyperparathyroidism
- Hypercalciuria and nephrolithiasis
- Concomitant digoxin therapy (requires careful monitoring of serum Dihydroxyaluminium sodium level).
Constipation, hypercalcemia, milk-alkali syndrome and acid rebound.
Digoxin: Dihydroxyaluminium sodium carbonate and other Dihydroxyaluminium sodium salts may enhance the cardiac effects of digoxin and other cardiac glycosides, if systemic hypercalcemia occurs.
Tetracyclines: Dihydroxyaluminium sodium carbonate and other antacids may interfere with the absorption of concomitantly administered tetracycline preparation.
Warnings & Precautions
Breast milk: There is no contraindication to the use of Dihydroxyaluminium sodium carbonate in lactating women.
Pregnant women: Dihydroxyaluminium sodium containing drugs have been widely used in pregnancy by way of oral Dihydroxyaluminium sodium supplementation or antacid therapy.
Dosage & Administration
Unless otherwise prescribed by the physician, one or two tablets to be chewed after or between meals and repeated when needed every 4 – 6 hours.
Store in a dry place, away from light in a temperature not exceeding 25°C.
- Medicament is a product which affects your health, and its consumption contrary to instructions is dangerous for you.
- Follow strictly the doctor’s prescription, the method of use and the instructions of the pharmacist who sells the medicament.
- The doctor and the pharmacist are experts in medicine. it’s benefits and risks.
- Do not by yourself interrupt the period of treatment prescribed for you.
- Do not repeat the same prescription without consulting your doctor.
- Keep medicament out of reach of children
أقراص الوكال بلس القابلة للمضغ – مضاد للحموضة والإنتفاخ
ATC Code: A03A DRUGS FOR FUNCTIONAL GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS.