Chymotrypsin is a proteolytic enzyme prepared in a pure form from bovine pancreas. Chymotrypsin is then freeze-dried as a pure material before packaging.
α-Chymotrypsin possesses potent anti-inflammatory properties that enable to hasten the resorption of inflammatory edema as well as of postoperative and post-traumatic haematomas and edema.
α-Chymotrypsin, furthermore possesses proteolytic properties that enable to destroy in situ the fibrinous formation resulting from subacute or chronic inflammatory processes.
All inflammatory conditions, deep or superficial haematomas.
In view of its enzymatic properties, a chymotrypsin is indicated in a very broad range of therapeutic applications:
- Surgery and Traumatology: post-operative and post-fracture edema and haematomas, sprains.
- Gynaecology: endo and exocervicitis, tubal sterility, endometritis, and salpingitis, post-partum mammary engorgement.
- Pneumology: chronic bronchopathies, suppurative pulmonary conditions.
- Oto-Rhino-Laryngology: sinusitis, laryngitis, pharyngitis, adhesive otitis, and syringitis.
- Rheumatology: arthritis, periarthritis, Dupuytren’s contracture.
- Dermatology: anthraxes, furuncles, abcesses, ulcers, eschars, cheloid scars cellulitis, prostatitis and orchitis.
- Systematically: 1 or 2 vials daily, intramuscularly until disappearance of clinical signs.
- Chronic conditions: 1 injection two or three times weekly.
All allergic conditions.
Antibiotic or sulphonamide therapy should be added in case of superadded evolutive infectious factor.
α-Chymotrypsin, is generally well tolerated, however, it may induce in some patients allergic troubles which should lead to the stopping of treatment.
Before administration it is advisable to enquire about the patient sensitivity. A sensitivity test is recommended for those patients who were previously treated with alpha-chymotrypsin
Box of 3 freeze-dried strile ampoules, +3 ampoules of 3 ml apyrogenic saline.
α- Chymotrypsin is ranked #2 in the therapeutic group “Anti-inflammatory enzyme” – Reference: Pharmaceutical Index, Egypt, IMS Health.
Keep all medicaments out of reach of children
Product of: AMOUN PHARMACEUTICAL CO. El-Obour City, Cairo, Egypt. ATC Code: S01KX01, B06AA04, M09AB52